Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to get my cam and DOD delete done in the Colorado springs area, I've been to one place and they estimated around 4 grand just for labor. I already am supplying the parts I just need a place to do the job for something that seems more reasonable. Willing to travel a little bit. I'm just wondering what a good, fair quote is on labor for these parts.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Let me know too.. looking to do the same...

RMCR and UPP are the only ones I know of....I'm a castle rock person

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know too.. looking to do the same...

RMCR and UPP are the only ones I know of....I'm a castle rock person
So far J&S has given me the best quote. 3200. Not the greatest but it's the best I've dug up thus far. But they were the only ones that also left out doing the labor for the oil pump.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I paid 3300 out the door for a DOD delete on my Caprice (not a G8 but for the sake of argument damn near the same procedure). IIRC correctly I supplied not a thing, MAYBE a balancer I had purchased. That's up here in the northeast where seemingly everything is more expensive. 4k for JUST labor seems... excessive.

Labor for the oil pump, unless they're pulling the pan, can't be much. Every cam replacement I've done I've just lowered the pan a little, removed the pickup tube and pump, installed the new one, done. I literally take nothing else off that wasn't already removed. Now pulling the pan, by the book, adds a fair bit I would think.

Can't help with a shop suggestion but best of luck in the search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Following. I need this info as well. When I get back to COS from Korea I plan on doing a DOD delete and cam swap. $4k+ just for labor is crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts