Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pop over into this thread periodically and read about some really neat things being done with Base G8s out there, and I keep hoping to see this stuff in person at G.O.N.E. (G8/GTO Owners iNternational Event). This will be the event's third year, and we have had only 2 Base G8s represented the first two years. They have been very nice rides, but I'd love to see more Base G8s join them. We had a number of Base G8 show and race tropies that got thrown away because the trophies were custom, and there were no cars there to win them. That is a shame!

Please consider this a personal invitation to all of you Base G8 owners out there! We want to see your cars at this event too! It doesn't matter if your car is bone stock, lightly modified, or heavily modified. We have race and show classes to cover the range. Please join us this year, and show what you've got!

Go to www.g8gone.com for event info and a link to the registration site.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are alot of Base G8 owners who aren't so far away though, and those are the folks that I'm appealing to. One of the two Base G8s the last 2 years came all the way from Louisiana, and he plans to be back again this year, so it's definitely worth the trip.

·
Registered
864 Posts
This year work obligations but next year I might schedule my vacay around G.O.N.E...

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next year will likely be in TX to coincide with the inaugural V8 Supercar Series race in the US (if they would ever get around to announcing a date), so it may be a longer drive for you.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I been to Dallas twice in the last 4 yrs mind you I flew :burnout:

·
Registered
864 Posts
to drive it would probably be 1500-2000 clicks :driving: You said Texas is that North Texas???

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Any excuse for a road trip!! LOL

·
Registered
947 Posts
Since I don't have my G8 anymore, all you V6ers need to show up and give Hazer some competition. I am making the trip because of the friends I have made. It is an amazing time.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
to drive it would probably be 1500-2000 clicks
Sounds like a nice journey. My round trip last year was nearly 15,000 clicks. Granted I didn't take the most direct route, but still.. it was well worth the drive! This year I'm estimating it at a little over 17,000 clicks.

Any excuse for a road trip!!
That's what I like to hear!

-Todd...

·
5,024 Posts
Do you think I could get away with saying Im a base model??

·
Registered
864 Posts
I am not going to promise anything for next yr given its in Texas But I will hold open a vacation week to coincide with the week of the Supercar Series race... I figure talking the wife into driving 2000 clicks on our vacay to go to a G8 meet will take a year to get over anyways...

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
I figure talking the wife into driving 2000 clicks on our vacay to go to a G8 meet will take a year to get over anyways...
One of the ways I justify making such a long trip is so I can get out and see all the beautiful places around the US. There are so many great landmarks, National Parks, etc. Make the G8 meet just one stop along the way.

-Todd...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Do you think I could get away with saying Im a base model??
No problem I have stock G8 V6 wheels and the factory exhaust tips. You are good to go....LOL

·
5,024 Posts

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
i will be there! hope to see some V6s! and run a stock one at the track :)

·
Super Moderator
4,904 Posts
Next year will likely be in TX to coincide with the inaugural V8 Supercar Series race in the US (if they would ever get around to announcing a date), so it may be a longer drive for you.
Where at in Texas? Im in Arkansas so Ill def have to show up for that one.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts