Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Phoenix windshield replacement?

I got a huge chip and crack in my G8GT's windshield yesterday, and given the horror stories I've read about broken cowls, broken clips, and cowl gaps, I'm afraid to just call safelite or whoever. Anybody had their G8's windshield replaced around phoenix and is happy with the install, I'd appreciate a reco. Thanks!

·
G8/LSX n00b
855 Posts
sub'd for good info

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
yeah safelite isnt to good , for a higher end car , other wise not sure

also make sure they use the acoustic glass windshield , other wise youll think they left something out

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had mine done at safelite in avondale. Theres a younger guy that works there that has a nice 240. I think hes hispanic, could be wrong, but He seems to be their go to guy and takes good care of the customers and cars. Since ive met him, i always take my cars there and ask that he be the installer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wouldn't let safelite work on a yugo...

I haven't had the G8 there yet but I only use Bell Glass, off I17 and Bell Rd. Family owned and operated for a long time in the valley, they have done a lot of glass work for me

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've only had good results from Safelite in the past but I have the willies over this one. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm also going to call a couple of nearby dealerships with G8 service experience and ask them who they send their windshield work to.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I called Freeway Chevrolet, and they recommended a guy whose company and number seem based out of Seattle. I called Coulter Tempe, and they recommended Bob at Sun Valley Autoglass. I checked him out and he's on every major insurance company's program, he's mobile, and he's been doing this for decades. He uses Pilkington glass, and says they're the factory supplier and it's the same glass as factory without the GM badging. It's the uber-laminated sound-barrier glass, and the install is great. I recommend him.

Bob Wolfe
Sun Valley Autoglass
480-722-1885

·
G8/LSX n00b
855 Posts
oh good!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts