Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basic photoshoot, just trying to compare the difference in height after the H&R lowering springs installed.
Also installed Monroe Strut Kit, which I advise you do, had a broken Bearing assembly on the stock kit. install took about 3 hours, with the addition of changing the front brake pads and rotors.

A lot less body roll than stock, handles a lot better. Stiffer but its a nice stiffness, like a sports suspension should be. As for height, I think i still want lower, doesn't seem as flush as i want it. its ok for now but most likely will be doing coilovers in the near future.

BEFORE

AFTER
iPhone Pics

Dirty car

AFTER (SLR)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I think it looks perfect! Nice pics!

·
Registered
431 Posts
What are the details on your wheels, please? Drop definitely helps. I was thinking I was going to retrain the OEM suspension setup on my GXP for as long as possible but a slight drop definitely looks better, especially with aftermarket wheels pushed to the fenders!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are the details on your wheels, please? Drop definitely helps. I was thinking I was going to retrain the OEM suspension setup on my GXP for as long as possible but a slight drop definitely looks better, especially with aftermarket wheels pushed to the fenders!
Wheels are ESM model 004 (BBS LM reps)

They are
19x8.5 35mm front
19x9.5 40mm rear

Tires
Front are stock 255/40
The rears are 275/35 hankook v12

Still need to get the front tires in Hankooks, probably 255 or 245/35

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Did you take any before and after measurements to see what drop you actually achieved? Can you post that info? I swear the hardest choice for me is which springs to get. Your ride height looks good, but I'm worried about wheel rub with the H&R's since I'm on 20's.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you take any before and after measurements to see what drop you actually achieved? Can you post that info? I swear the hardest choice for me is which springs to get. Your ride height looks good, but I'm worried about wheel rub with the H&R's since I'm on 20's.

I told myself I was going to and completely forgot to do so. I'll take a look at it later and try to get a close estimate. They are pretty settled now and still have some clearance, depending on your offset I think you could fit them. I had my rear fenders rolled.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I told myself I was going to and completely forgot to do so. I'll take a look at it later and try to get a close estimate. They are pretty settled now and still have some clearance, depending on your offset I think you could fit them. I had my rear fenders rolled.
Yeah it seems like most forget to take before measurements. If you have a chance to get some after measurements that would be cool.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wheels are ESM model 004 (BBS LM reps)

They are
19x8.5 35mm front
19x9.5 40mm rear

Tires
Front are stock 255/40
The rears are 275/35 hankook v12

Still need to get the front tires in Hankooks, probably 255 or 245/35

Excellent, I'm thinking 19x9.5's all around with +32 offset (the only option available in the wheel I want with our lug pattern unfortunately). Those should be fine, right? For tires, probably 265/35 square...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Devilthe0ry
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing