Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my A/C stopped blowing cold from one day to the next. Took it in for service to a local reputable shop. Guess what they found?

The Steel Transmission Cooling lines are literally Resting on the A/C lines and rubbed a hole in both of them.

There has to be a Bracket of some sort missing as the Trans cooling lines are not secured in any way at all.

The car was in for service at the Dealer late last year and had the Cam replaced and a few other things. To remove the cam, the radiator has to come out, correct?

Basically I wanna see what others lines look like, did the dealership forget a bracket? Or do our Trans cooling lines just rub on the A/C lines from the factory?

Some pics will help me figure out what to do.

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
Looks like there is a bracket back up in there holding the lines in place.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. I will look at my buddies 2008 GT after work to get a better idea on what's missing or not hooked up. I appreciate the pic.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
What's the deal with that little ring of plastic (left hose) on mine?
Shouldn't it be attached like everyone else?

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
I would try to slide it down against that connection and see if it pops it place or something. Have those lines been disconnected on your car before?

·
Registered
753 Posts
That is a retainer that holds the main retainer for the lines.It snaps back in to place.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
It's been that way for a while. Had the engine and tranny out at 80k (new lifters, new tranny seals), so yeah, everything's been apart and back together.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So mine is the only one with the lines out of whack, you can grab em and wiggle them around a fair amount with ZERO resistance.

The Dealer I think is gonna need to repair this. I'll go after work and get it looked at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts