Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was looking for good pics of this setup, there was no end to the amount of discussions about it, but I could not find really good detailed pics of it. I took some pics to give others a clear idea of what it will look like.

You won't find anyone recommending the 255 on a wheel less than 8.5 wide, but there are guys doing it all over. Many may not like the amount of sidewall, but I really, really like how it all looks from all angles. Very happy.

Tires are 255/40/19 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Hmmm...looks good! Is that stock ride height/are you rolled? What's the downside, maybe slip a tire off the rim in cornering/acceleration?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looks good, I like the tires a little wider than stock, thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm...looks good! Is that stock ride height/are you rolled? What's the downside, maybe slip a tire off the rim in cornering/acceleration?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I have seen threads at other forums where some guys actually prefer this for auto crossing, and I have yet to see a report of the tire popping off. I think the main concern is not getting the full contact patch and wearing the edges round. Also the sidewall can make the steering less responsive. I'll never know about that, as I don't do that hard of driving... well hardly ever.. I just wanted a slightly larger tire than OEM for the crappy roads around here and long distance trips with the family. Plus I like the look better.
Car is all stock and no rolling. No rub.... don't expect it either. Compared to the stock 245/40/19's, these are only about a 1/4 inch wider per side and 3/8 inch taller overall.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for doing this - it saves me the trouble. I just got my 255/40s put on last week and have no complaints so far. I agree that the look is muuuuuch better than stock. Subtle, tasteful (all words commonly associated with pontiacs!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
NickG - can you tell if the ride is better (or worse) with the 255-40's as compared to the stock tire size?

Thanks.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NickG - can you tell if the ride is better (or worse) with the 255-40's as compared to the stock tire size?

Thanks.
I really can't tell. My Potenzas were absolute toast when I finally put them to pasture, so I feel like the only real difference I see is due to simply having new tires again. Overall, not enough difference to really notice.

Tell you what, though, I REALLY like the extra rubber around the wheel lip. Does a great job of protecting the wheel for those occasional rubs. Only think about that is the protector kinda gives the rubber somewhere to collect as the tires wear. Now and then, I see a collection of tire dust against the wheel near the tire. It takes a while to build up, so its not a big issue with me as I usually clean it often anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts