looks good

·
E-rock
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
378 Posts
I tried to get a set, but he does not have 4 to chrome, they are nice, but he is just out of units to plate. You can send yours, if you have spare rims and tires, but I just could not get mine dismounted and shipped out and shipped back and remounted. Used another source. They are nice, very nice.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Yeah, looks good. I have those rims and they are not my favorite but in person (not in pictures) they look better so I bet yours look even better in person. Either way, they look nice...good job!

How about a close up shot?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very nice!!! Yea I called them the other day & they said they didn't have any, but the listing is still up on Ebay?? What did it cost you to get them mounted & balanced & the old ones off? I am assuming you did an exchange? I called Discount Tire & they wanted $170 for all, which I thought was a little pricy?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks good, i have the 19"s chromed and love them.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I have the 6cyl ones.

·
yes it is.
899 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Better pic.

·
E-rock
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a side view:

and here's a pic of a unmounted wheel:

·
E-rock
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice!!! Yea I called them the other day & they said they didn't have any, but the listing is still up on Ebay??
Yeah, that's probably my fault. They allowed me to send in V6 18" wheels as cores plus some cash. So I guess I got the last set of V8 18" wheels until they get more cores. :(

What did it cost you to get them mounted & balanced & the old ones off? I am assuming you did an exchange? I called Discount Tire & they wanted $170 for all, which I thought was a little pricy?
Prices vary regionally for mounting and balancing carry-in tires. Generally around here it's around $25-$30 per tire. And in the case of the G8 there is an extra charge for valve stems. Although the tire pressure sensors can be reused, the valve stems can not, and a valve stem kit is something like $8.95 per tire. In my Dad's case he wanted chrome valve stems so that cost even more. The chrome lug caps are from the GXP and were $45.

In then end he was quite pleased how it all came out.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Tire Rack sells the greatest chrome valve stem covers, they cover the entire stem and act as the cap also, very nice and they are secure.

·
PantherBlackG8
278 Posts
Is it an actual chrome plating? Or is it a powder coating?

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
If you read the sticker on the rim above, they call it PVD coating. More like a plastic coating. I've had mine for almost a year now with no problems.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts