Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry bout the previous subject, I was cornfused, and half asleep.

Still wondering when the next get together was going to be and if it is at the track or someplace centrally located?

Thanks,.

T

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok...now a question about posting pics

How in the heck do you attach the actual image in your posts vs. just a link to a photo hosting site?

I read the help section and here is the directions for attaching an image:
"* Community Members (with 20 posts) can upload attachments directly from their computer into any of their posts. Look for the button that says "manage attachments" below the edit box"

Can anyone tell me where this button is located? I can't even find "manage attachments" within a new post...or is it somewhere else.

Thanks

Tony

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
I find Photobucket to be easier. Just copy/paste the IMG link into the post.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Tony. As soon as I get to an actual commuter (not the iPad), I will be sending out the email for the Twisted Racing's annual kick off meeting. We will be having it at our house (sorry, up north again) next week, Sunday evening. It will be the first meeting where we begin talking about this year and will collect dues.

Good luck with the posting of pics...photo bucket is the easiest...as paycheck said, once the pic is in photo bucket, under the pic there are different 'tags' they create for you. Copy and paste the IMG tag into the post and you should be good.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
You clicked the wrong link to copy.

When you hover over a pic you want to add to a thread, it will bring up (4) options. You chose the top option "Email & IM".

You need to choose the bottom option "IMG code". When you click the link, it will automatically copy it and show you it copied it by saying "copied". Then, just paste that copied link in your thread and the pictures will show up in the post, and not as a link to your photobucket.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Tony, all the cool kids will be at Scuba Steve's track day on 25 Mar. $83 and u can run all day....other than that Jackie is getting a meet together for twisted racing...

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
Locate the black navigation bar near the top of the page.
It should include links titled 'Home', 'Forum', 'Albums' etc.
Click the link 'Albums'.

Now, just below the navigation bar, there should be a link to add albums.
After clicking it you can assign a title and description for the album.
What you decide here is up to you and doesn't really affect how your images will display.
Attention: Be sure to set the album type to 'Public'.
That will affect how your images display.
Click 'Submit'.

OK, you now have an album to upload your pictures to.
You should see a link to upload your pictures.
After clicking it you will have a few fields with a browse button at the end of them.
When you click 'Browse' you will be taken to a window of your computer.
Locate the image you want to upload and click 'Open'
You can repeat that process for the other fields.
When ready, click the 'Upload Pictures' button.
Repeat that until all of your images are uploaded.

Finally we want them to appear in the posts.
Open up the album you uploaded your images to.
You should see thumbnails of all your images.
Click the thumbnail to view the image in it's actual size.
Now, below the image you should see 'Picture URL' and 'BB Code'.
The BB Code is what you want to copy and paste to embed your images into your posts.
All that is, is the picture URL with image tags added to it.

·
That's ME!
4,021 Posts
Code:
[img]insert actual link to image here[/img]
Below is how I would link to my sig picture (except remove the space after http).

Code:
[img]http ://webpages.charter.net/myers3/GXP/SonicDriverFrontsig.jpg[/img]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts