Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car wanted to pose outside of SOLO US Headquarters, in Buffalo NY.

I obliged. :)

They do go way back, you know... (In fall 2009 my first SOLO catback was installed on this very g8, my car was a test mule for some pre-release exhaust technology over the years, and since 2009 I've had close to 12 different iterations of various SOLO exhaust combinations on my car!)

By far, my personal favorite combination is my current setup, which is the SOLO Mach Unbalanced (with J-pipes) Catback, with SOLO High Flow Cats, and Kooks LT's and Livernois tune.

Anyways, given the awesome history here, I thought it appropriate that my car posed outside of SOLO for a quick photo opportunity. This was taken a few weeks ago.

Just wanted to leave this here. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Nice moment, Zep! Thanks mostly to you, the Solo guys have gotten a couple of grand out of me, and I've gotten tons more enjoyment (and perhaps even a bit better fuel economy!) out of my G8.

I just gave my best friend a listen to the car with the HFCs and resonators on there, and he couldn't believe how cool it sounded - he was grinning from ear to ear at the rumbly idle and rip-snorting (followed by lots of popping!) on-throttle sound.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Looks good...

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Great picture Zepcom! Thanks for sharing and it is always a pleasure when you drop by!

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Nice! I should be there before the fall with Kooks LT's in hand and picking up HFC and the Mach Balanced!!!
If you're going to have the Kooks LT in hand, then you'd want our catted midpipe with the Mach unbalanced exhaust. It's special order, but will be a 100% bolt on application. They get installed with the headers, at the same time. That needs to be ordered a week in advance so we can build it and have it ready for you. You can call me at 516-655-9002 when you are ready and I can take the special order and have the guys start building it. Thanks:)

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're going to have the Kooks LT in hand, then you'd want our catted midpipe with the Mach unbalanced exhaust. It's special order, but will be a 100% bolt on application. They get installed with the headers, at the same time. That needs to be ordered a week in advance so we can build it and have it ready for you. You can call me at 516-655-9002 when you are ready and I can take the special order and have the guys start building it. Thanks:)
^^ THIS. 'nuff said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts