Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about removing it for quite some time. Would like to see the look of the hood (underside) beforehand. THANKS

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Let me/us know if you notice a difference in engine noise or paint issues,so on. People say they notice no change on other forums.

·
Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, but since I have the V6, it doesn't make that much noise at all... lol.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Mines been off for a few months paints fine but yeah the engine noise is more pronounced and I plan to get a new one to put back in. You can REALLY hear the lifters, injectors, and headers with it gone!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Mine's off too. I was happy to find out mine was fully painted. It's dull, no clear coat, but it's painted. Some are not, though, so be prepared

It's a little louder, but with long tubes and a Maggie, it was loud already.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
wow, thats somewhat ugly without it...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Mine's off too. I was happy to find out mine was fully painted. It's dull, no clear coat, but it's painted. Some are not, though, so be prepared

It's a little louder, but with long tubes and a Maggie, it was loud already.
The paint issue is why I have not taken mine off yet. My inner fender was not painted completely behind the stock airbox. Not a big deal until I switched to the Vararam. Now I have a decent sized unpainted area under my hood. I can just imagine how much of my hood is unpainted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts