Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
agreed -- beautiful shots! Both cars are wonderful...

My dad has a 99 C5 but his is Red and my G8 is MGM. Never-the-less, you gave me some good motivation to get them together and take some pics!

--zepcom

·
Registered
320 Posts
Let me guess, you like blue.... Awesome pictures. I can't decide if I like the stryker blue or liquid red.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'd like to have that combo as well. I was also talking to my wife saying that the g8 and the new camaro ss convertible would make for a nice combo. I'm partly there. I just need a vette/camaro and a garage. :) Damn condo living! Can't wait to get a house! My wife always wanted a vette but now she drools over the aston martin's. I guess my expensive tastes are rubbing off on her, as well as, where I bought my g8 they also sell lamborghini, aston martin, maserati, rolls royce, bentley, etc... Let me tell you that waiting for them to get my car from another dealer wasn't a problem for my wife and I. It was our first time seeing a lot of these cars in person. There was a lot of drooling going on. :drool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
What are the differences in performance between the both you noticed the most?

BTW...that looks sweeeeeet! Good luck!

·
<><>Morgen<><>
879 Posts
Beautiful cars bud! You can really see the reason behind the Corvette's awesome mpg highway numbers! Just look at that profile! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the compliments!

What are the differences in performance between the both you noticed the most?

BTW...that looks sweeeeeet! Good luck!
The thing you notice most is that these cars are built for two very different reasons. The Corvette is pure performance. It's lighter, nimbler, quicker, and overall a more spirited car to drive. The G8 is a polished performance cruiser. It rides so well and is so quiet at speed, yet it takes the corners incredibly well and is no slouch on acceleration.

At this stage in my life (30), I would choose the G8 over the C5 if I had to pick one. I do love driving the Corvette at times, but I honestly haven't driven it since I bought the G8. I'm sure that will change this summer, but for now I am content to tool around in the G8.

·
Bolt on Bandit
69 Posts
2 very nice cars. You are lucky to own both of those great machines. I plan on getting a G8 one of these days but just cant part with the vettte just yet :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts