Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick up a GXP next weekend in Michigan...will definitely be looking to get some baseline runs in when PIR opens up the 1/4 mile.

So who all goes/wants to meet up when the track opens up?

Let's get some G8 presence established at PIR!

Never ran there before, moved up from Vegas in August...track in Vegas was well prepped but 2000' above sea level, slightly uphill, and hot desert air made for some slow racing.

Had an 05 GTO, 390 hp at the wheels (corrected) and couldn't crack the 12s...street tires didn't help. Best I ever ran was 13.1 @ 106 in 90 deg air - which is cold for Vegas in the summer lol.

I imagine the track here is pretty fast so long as the prep is decent...thoughts, opinions?

Thanks gang!

·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up...I'll take a look over there when I get back to town next week...

I was starting to wonder about you guys, wondering if anyone actually drove their cars for fun up here lol :sneaky:

Thanks again

·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey PM me if you are ever planning on going to PIR...I've made 10+ passes there and can't figure out the launch. Plus the track prep was iffy in my opinion...after throttling out to get the wheelhop to settle I was still spinning through 1st/2nd.

Did finally cut a 'decent' 60' ran 13.317 @ 107.17 (2.151 60').

I can't launch this car for *hit! Still getting used to it though (had it for two weeks when I went to the track)...

I'm thinking slightly warmer weather should help since I have the summer Potenzas on the car and temps were in the mid 40s - low 50s...tires/track were pretty cold, my tires weren't getting any grip...

PS I heard Woodburn is faster(?)

·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wood burn has a nice track, some alchohol cars run it, I live about 15 min from there. Let me know when you want to go there.

We had a G8 GTG 4-18 in beaverton, 9 G8's
Nice...I'm going to run at PIR a few more times and head down to Woodburn when the weather warms up/dries out.

I'll look you up when I plan on getting down there. Let me know if you ever want to come up to PIR too.

·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
were you at PIR last night? my son seen two GXP's and gave them PNW club cards, if you were there, what did you run?
Yes, that was me...I have your son's card (I'm a member of PNW already :))

Best I could run was a high 13.2...with a 2.4 60' time(!) lol

I'm done w/PIR until I get trailing arms installed...wheelhop is terrible & I'm going to break something...

·
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heading over there right now to check it out, thanks for the heads up.

I'll have to see if I can talk the 'boss' into a day trip...she's usually into racing/car stuff but always smart to clear it with the woman first :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
It would definitely be awesome to see a couple more G8s come up to Leavenworth with us. We don't get to see too many GXPs around here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts