Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is a little video from when I was playing around with my new gopro. To me it sounds really windy and distorted(maybe it's just me). Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the sound quality? I know some other peoples videos that I have watched don't seem to be that windy. I guess it just depends on where you mount it. Anyway let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Where you mount it has the biggest impact on the sound quality. If the camera is "out in the open" where the air can rush around the camera it will sound like that. There should be two different backs, one helps reduce the wind noise (but will kill most everything else too). You can buy accessories that should help reduce the wind noise, but I've never used one (I should though).

For my videos I put the cameras on the front/rear so that the air flows around the car (and not the camera). I then "cheat" and use the audio from the rear camera over the video from the other cameras. You can do other things like using various audio filters (high pass, step filter, low pass, etc.) to selectively remove the wind noise, but it's best to just avoid it in the first place.

-Todd...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
TCorzett
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing