Pontiac G8 Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Curious to see what the resolution will be. This usually points to an air leak, but it seems like you went over it pretty well. Being that it happened when the weather turned freezing, maybe there is a small unseen crack in the plastic intake manifold that developed due to very cold temps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
So dropped the car off 2 days ago at the chevrolet dealership they are Still working on finding the problem. Obviously they can't figure it out either.
Make sure they are actively and actually working on the vehicle so it isn't sitting in a bay or stall collecting shop dust.
Yeah I called today they said when it's in open loop everything is fine but soon as it goes into closed loop as it gets warmed up the o2 reading jumps up and it starts running rough and the maf is reading a little high they got an other maf sensor and want to test it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Curious to see what the resolution will be. This usually points to an air leak, but it seems like you went over it pretty well. Being that it happened when the weather turned freezing, maybe there is a small unseen crack in the plastic intake manifold that developed due to very cold temps.
I have a spectre intake it's not plastic it's aluminum and the maf housing is brand new, also checked the coupler and auto clamps replaced

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Tossing this out there....
You replaced your O2 sensor(s) with an AC Delco unit, it is my understanding that these O2 sensors are Bosch units from the factory.
In reading threads where people have changed parts there seem to be situations where putting the exact manufacturers part back in solved the problem while AC Delco, Desco and/or other after market parts did not solve or made the problem worse.
Probably I'm way wrong here but it may be worth a shot.
Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a spectre intake it's not plastic it's aluminum and the maf housing is brand new, also checked the coupler and auto clamps replaced
He was saying the intake manifold, behind the throttle body and bolted to the cylinder heads. Cold air intake would never cause that bad of fuel trims all the time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
He was saying the intake manifold, behind the throttle body and bolted to the cylinder heads. Cold air intake would never cause that bad of fuel trims all the time.

Thanks, that is in fact what I was saying. I'd be trying to rig up a smoke test or something to look for leaks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

Thanks, that is in fact what I was saying. I'd be trying to rig up a smoke test or something to look for leaks.
Yeah I actually agree with you both, I said it in some earlier post about it being somewhere on the intake manifold. I told the shop this. So my car has been there for almost 2 weeks and they still can't find the problem!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah I actually agree with you both, I said it in some earlier post about it being somewhere on the intake manifold. I told the shop this. So my car has been there for almost 2 weeks and they still can't find the problem!!!

After two weeks, I would say they are not really trying. Unfortunately, some jobs get pushed aside as less important (they like the easy jobs that pay well). So I hate to say it, but I don't feel like they are putting in full effort if they keep blowing you off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

After two weeks, I would say they are not really trying. Unfortunately, some jobs get pushed aside as less important (they like the easy jobs that pay well). So I hate to say it, but I don't feel like they are putting in full effort if they keep blowing you off.
Yeah it will be 2 weeks this Tuesday, I haven't pressed them as much as I should be I guess. since I'm busy with work, also since me and the wife have 4 vehicles it's not so much of a rush. This next week I'm goin to go in and also be more pushy because it shouldn't take this long really.

·
Premium Member
4,822 Posts
Any updates?

·
Premium Member
4,822 Posts
No updates yet supposed to call me back yesterday keep beating arou d the bush
And the beat goes on. Is this where you normally take your vehicle(s) for repair work? Generally speaking, only visit dealerships for warranty repair work, vehicles recalls, or a special item not easily found in other places. However, this has gotten to be pretty ridiculous and either they need to repair the vehicle or give you the majority of your money back.

·
Registered
2 Posts

If you had a vacuum leak, your fuel trims should drop as you throttle up. A small leak relative to an open throttle blade is insignificant next to the same small auto clicker leak with a closed blade. You can test this in your driveway by testing trims at idle, revving up to 1,500 and holding for 15-20 seconds while watching trims, then up to 2,500 while doing the same. If trims don't change, it doesn't usually indicate a vacuum leak.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts