Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Special thanks to StBlGT, there might be a new offering coming soon from solo.

StBlGT was at Mufflerman today getting his new Kooks LT's and SOLO HFC's installed to his existing mach shorty balanced catback, and the crew at SOLO might have come up with a new product offering.

If you already have a SOLO catback system, but want to jump to kooks long tube headers and new SOLO HFC's, this just might do the trick.
Plug and play "bolt up" hfc's that directly fit existing SOLO catback offerings to new kooks LT headers with new integrated SOLO HFC's.
Includes optional wideband o2 bung also!

Stay tuned for more info!

--zepcom

Sent from my tapatalk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Me likely!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
this product is where it's at! it's a great product for those who aren't very close to the SOLO shop. can't beat plug-n-play!

i'm very glad to be a part of this. special thanks to SOLO and zepcom for making this happen. the SOLO guys really hit it out of the park with my car and i couldn't be happier. these guys really, and i mean really know their stuff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Subscribed!
This may cure my only issue about not getting LT's!

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
670 Posts
How about getting a non-catted connection pipe to go between the headers and a SOLO catback system? Shouldn't the measurements be the same just without cats?

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Hi Guys, We're so glad hat there is interest in the "bolt on" cats to the Kooks header set up. Thanks so much to Zep and STBigT for all your help. We are trying to work this into the production schedule and are working out a few minor things and we will be set to release this product in approximately 7 - 14 days. We will be able to offer this with both the 200 cell converters that you all are used to from us and also in a "catless" format too. Thanks so much for all your support!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sweet! Just so I am clear, you will have a version that will connect straight from the Kooks LTH's to a SOLO catback without cats correct?

Hi Guys, We're so glad hat there is interest in the "bolt on" cats to the Kooks header set up. Thanks so much to Zep and STBigT for all your help. We are trying to work this into the production schedule and are working out a few minor things and we will be set to release this product in approximately 7 - 14 days. We will be able to offer this with both the 200 cell converters that you all are used to from us and also in a "catless" format too. Thanks so much for all your support!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sweet! Just so I am clear, you will have a version that will connect straight from the Kooks LTH's to a SOLO catback without cats correct?
I purchased this catless connection set up 2 weeks ago and just installed it Sunday. It is easy and sounds great. I have to get an update on my tune and will post results immediately after.
Just need to make a small cut to join up the new section to your cat back
First impressions - LT's with my Solo Cat Back and no Cats - it's awesome.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
Since I already have SOLO HFCs & mach cat-back - would this benefit me or is it only for new cats with kooks LTs?

Yes the new product ( we’ll release very soon ) is only for Kook’s LT’s and the Solo Cat-Back exhausts. If you already have an existing Solo Cat-Back ( Mach or Mach-Shorty ( or the Balanced )) you can now purchase the Kook’s LT’s and since the Kook’s LT’s eliminate the stock converters we have a set of rear converters that all you have to do is cut our Cat Back system and then bolt the special new Solo design converters onto the Kook’s LT’s. This would give you new headers, new cats, and you could retain your old Solo exhaust.

We sell a Kook’s Catted Midpipe kit’s for the G8. This allows people with existing Solo systems to retro fit these new converters into the system and make it into our Kook’s Catted Midpipe kit.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just so I understand - since I already have existing SOLO high-flo converters installed with my mach unbalanced cat-back, this will not work for me unless I purchase new converters - correct? Or would you recommend I visit an exhaust shop and get kooks LT custom fitted to my SOLO HFCs?

Thanks again

Yes the new product ( we’ll release very soon ) is only for Kook’s LT’s and the Solo Cat-Back exhausts. If you already have an existing Solo Cat-Back ( Mach or Mach-Shorty ( or the Balanced )) you can now purchase the Kook’s LT’s and since the Kook’s LT’s eliminate the stock converters we have a set of rear converters that all you have to do is cut our Cat Back system and then bolt the special new Solo design converters onto the Kook’s LT’s. This would give you new headers, new cats, and you could retain your old Solo exhaust.

We sell a Kook’s Catted Midpipe kit’s for the G8. This allows people with existing Solo systems to retro fit these new converters into the system and make it into our Kook’s Catted Midpipe kit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am thinking about getting the Kooks LTs. Do you have a video so we can hear what LTs, solo cats and solo catback sounds like? I have the loudest one... mach shorty I think its called?

·
Registered
670 Posts

Just curious if you have installed pics of the non-catted version. How much of the exhaust do you have to "cut" and what kind of clams join the pieces together after it's cut.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am thinking about getting the Kooks LTs. Do you have a video so we can hear what LTs, solo cats and solo catback sounds like? I have the loudest one... mach shorty I think its called?
I will dig through the collection, but I found that as compared to manifolds, the kooks LT's actually make "cruise or more gentile driving" even quieter than with factory engine manifolds. Go figure. But when you hammer down :judge: it sounds so much more amazing in every way.

Just curious if you have installed pics of the non-catted version. How much of the exhaust do you have to "cut" and what kind of clams join the pieces together after it's cut.
I believe they're still developing the catless kit, but from what I've seen, any SOLO catback that is already on your car simply needs to be cut at a specific point a few inches back from the flange for this to work. There will be instructions and/or a template provided for "where to cut the catback" and it's only compatible with solo catbacks. For example, this would not be a solution to mate Kooks LT's and SOLO HFC's to the stock catback, for instance.

More information coming soon from SOLO. :)

So in summary:

This official product is still getting developed, and I'm not privy to all the intimate details, however, from what SOLO told me so far, more or less, will be offered under two different variations:

• Kooks LT's with SOLO HFC's "plug and cut" type kit, mark and sawzall existing mach or mach shorty catback in certain location and slip these on with clamps and done. Target user does NOT yet have HFC's but has (or is installing) Kooks LT's and already has solo catback.

• Kooks LT's and non-catted connection pipes. For some states that don't do strict emissions testing, these bypass cats and those following behind the car will smell rotten eggs due to the catalyst not doing their job because they're not present. Again, target audience is someone with stock cats who is adding headers and is planning on doing cats delete to mate to their existing mach or mach shorty catback.

·
Vendor
1,288 Posts
I don't have any pictures at the moment....I usually do not get them until the product is finished, but as soon as I have some, I will post up...you will probably see it when the product is released in the release thread:)

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Would this mid pipes bolt on to pacesetters collectors flanges and stock CB ? it seems they'll fit to the PS LT's from the collector portion just looking at ZEp's pics, and perhas a little modification in the CB portion would make them fit to the stock CB ?

Also, what would be the price on them ?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I don't have any pictures at the moment....I usually do not get them until the product is finished, but as soon as I have some, I will post up...you will probably see it when the product is released in the release thread:)

Lol....anxiously awaiting the release thread then!:wink2:

+1 on a price range. Only reason I haven't just gotten the Kooks X-pipes is I don't feel like forking over the $500+ for some pipes when I already have the Catbacks. Hopefully we are in the $200 or so range for them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts