Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE UPDATED PLAN FOR APRIL 2ND!!!
First off, let me say, you are welcome to come to any portion of anything planned all day. If you want to join us for the whole day, not get a wash, show your car, or do a dyno run, you are still more than welcome!
Metropolitan Detail will be opening at 7am with free coffee and donuts. They are now located in Bellevue at a new location. John is offering up $35 Hand Washes for everyone! A Hand Wash includes, 2 Bucket Wash, Clean Wheels, Vacuum, Windows inside and out, and Dress Tires. This is a great deal and guarantees your car is looking awesome for the day!
We will depart from Metropolitan at 8:30 and head to Redmond.

Exotics at Redmond Town Center! The event is open to ALL cars, not just exotics. I have spoken to the organizers and we will have a section just for us. Modern GM Muscle!
The event runs from 9am to 11am.

Then it is off to Carb Connection in Kirkland (Totem Lake) for Dyno runs.
I spoke with Carb Connection and they are willing to "guarantee" us 12 cars on the dyno. Each car is $60. Each car takes about 20 minutes. Each car gets between 3 and 6 back to back pulls. No tuning between runs, that's not what this is about. LS motors on the dyno usually get their best results on the 3rd to 6th run.

This is posted on a few boards and 10 people have committed to a Dyno slot. More than likely we can get 15 cars through, but Carb Conn didn't want to promise a larger number and then something happen and not be able to get through that many. The remaining slots will be given to the first posters. The first 12 will have Dyno slots, and anyone everyone else will be "waitlisted". CC will do as many as they can.

I was thinking of doing a monster pizza and pop order, and asking everyone to pitch in $5 for lunch at Carb Conn. The sooner we get there, the more cars we can get through.

My goal is to meet other people who have a passion for Modern GM performance car and have some fun!

Let me know if you have any questions. I need an accurate count for Hand Washes at Metropolitan, and a semi accurate headcount to give ERTC so they know how much space we need, so please let me know if you are planning to come and what parts you want to participate in. If you want in on a dyno slot, post asap in this thread that you want in!

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of you!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ohh man that is soo soo tempting. I'm still in Afganastan tho. I will be returning by the end of July and I look foward to many meets after that. And I really want to see that Holden conversion you did! Looks amazing.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Man I would love to go but I'm waiting for my parts to come in, I should try and find a dump here so I have a base read before I put all my stuff in. Are we looking at a summer meet in the near future?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Guess I should have posted on this thread instead. Anyways I'm in for everything. Thanks for putting this together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to be a part of this one Tony...unfortunately I have to put the ole army uniform on and do my weekend duty that weekend, its range time at Fort Lewis. Maybe its a blessing in disguise and will allow me more time to improve the look and performance of my car. Definitely looking forward to the next event.

Side Note: The magnaflow exhaust sound awesome on the high end...a little on the tuner side on the low end but I still have to remove that forward exhaust(between the headers and cats) and replace it with straight pipe...hoping that will do the trick.

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hello Everyone!
Thanks for shooting me some updates!
The event is still on for Saturday. We won't know if Exotics at Redmond Town Center will be on until Thursday when they make their decision based on the weather forecast.
Please let me know if you plan to head to Metropolitan Detail for a Hand Wash in the morning. They need a headcount. If ERTC is cancelled due to weather we will be meeting up at Carb Connection around 10am.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I-405 will be completely closed through Bellevue this weekend. Please be sure to leave early and plan accordingly! There could be major freeway backups, so plan to use other routes.
Closure Information

On a personal note, my car won't be ready. For those of you who don't know, my car is in the midst of a major makeover. Since it won't be ready I will be bringing out something very interesting in it's place. Come by on Saturday to check out my car in progress, and what I am pulling out of my sleeve in it's place.
There are a couple of Dyno slots available!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Make sure to bring a thumb drive so you can get the dyno files to review later.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I know some of you have the Cortex, so if you are familiar with the datalog aspect, you could probably datalog a few runs. Not sure if it will store multiple logs. I never datalogged mine when I had it.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here you go! All in one post! Thanks for coming our everyone!

1976 Holden Monaro HX LE on the Dyno. 1 of 580 Produced, this is one of 2 Monaro LE's outside of Australia. Not bad for a car with 170,000+ Kilometers on the odometer!

08G8V8 on the dynoe 449 Supercharged Horsepower!

BlackBeast on the Dyno!

Seattle09GT on the Dyno. I didn't catch the HP/TQ Numbers.

I can't tell at the end of the video if he ran 333hp, or 343hp.
The first pull was exciting!

Lat but not least, the Team Petty Cash 24 Hours of Lemons Jeep XJ race truck with a 240,000 mile 4.0 Liter inline 6. This "car" won's it division at Buttonwillow. Next race is a true 24 hour race in Reno. I will be one of 5 drivers going for the overall win!!
I got 4 hours of seat time last year at Infineon in this. A whole lot of fun!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for putting this together Tony! I really enjoyed the day and look forward to the next get together.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Had a great time at the Dyno day. Nice meeting other G8 and GTO owners.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
::smacks face:: can't believe I missed this!

Looks like fun guys!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I was hoping you were going to make it. Always good to meet another G8 owner. Maybe another get together.....

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Yea it would have been too cool. I just wasn't in the forums due to normal life...

But, Sunday April 17th, I'll be doing Autocross at Bremerton Raceway with BSCC (Bremerton Sport Car Club).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts