Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much consideration, discussion and just plain hard work by Mike Cummings, we have come up with a web site dedicated to the PNW G8 Owners Club. We offer it up to those interested, for comment, (We know it needs some tweaks, in fact, the new and improved version will be here soon!) and enjoyment, in the discovery and discussion of the G8. It is primarily for members of the PNW G8 Owners Club, however, guests from all areas are welcome! It includes the sections we felt would be most useful, and of greatest interest to our members, and includes a forum for the members to voice ideas and concerns unique to G8s in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana). Please feel free to peruse our work, and comment as you see fit at http://www.pnwg8.com !"

·
No Member
231 Posts
Wow...nice job! It looks like you guys have put in a lot of work and I think it's pretty damn good. :)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow...nice job! It looks like you guys have put in a lot of work and I think it's pretty damn good. :)
Thanks! If you like this version, wait 'til you see version 2.0! It goes upscale and classy. 2.0 is very professional in all aspects! Mike has really put in the time on this, and is to be commended for his efforts, not to mention the personal expense. He's just a dedicated G8 guy!:thumbsup::wink2::pir_flag:

Oh, and by the way, register so you can comment on the forum! We have a built in delay with an email OK just so we can get a handle on the actual PNW G8 Owners Club members. Its still all FREE!:)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For all of you looking for PNWG8.com, and finding nothing, hang in there! From now, 10:30pm PST, until further, notice the site is down for remodeling. This should be a very short break, and, believe me, the remodeled site will be much better in all respects from the original version. See you soon at the NEW PNWG8.com!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, the PNWG8.com site is back, kind of. In the words of our hardworking web master: "Due to a server melt down at the hosting company that hosts PNWG8.com, we've moved up the scheduled deployment of the new and improved website. Unfortunately, the only thing we could not save from the original site was the forum. We are currently working on rebuilding it as quickly as possible. If you had registered on the original forum, you will have to re-register once it is back up. We are sorry for the glitch on the system. We are working to prevent this from happening again." So, there you have it! Your NEW and IMPROVED PNWG8.com web site is up and ready for your use and comment. I've been told by a reliable source that the new forum will be back very soon too! :wink2::pir_flag:

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I get a Forbidden and 404 message when I click on it so I guess it's still not back yet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok. the New site is up as well as the new forum.. If you have registered on the old one. Sorry but that info was lost. I had to create a new one. If you bookmarked it and you are getting a 403 Forbidden error delete your bookmark and type in the site http://www.pnwg8.com and enter the forum from the new site.

Thanks for everyone patience. I think this is going to help the communication and grow the excitement from being a club member.

Enjoy

Mike

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look at this! He tells me to do a post announcing the NEW and IMPROVED forum, and he goes and does it himself! Well, I'll just have to embarrass him for it!:laugh: Mike has spent the better part of two weeks putting this new forum together, and man is it nice! He wont say it, but it has really gone upscale! The whole thing is a lot more classy, front row type stuff! You gotta take a look and see for yourself, but take my word for it, you'll love the new look and features!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Okay, I joined...again. ;) Looks great, I really appreciate you adopting my car as the site logo/mascot G8. :)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, I joined...again. ;) Looks great, I really appreciate you adopting my car as the site logo/mascot G8. :)
Thanks from both of us! And once again, you are all setup in the forum! Oh, and the site logo really isn't any of our cars! A long story really. Maybe something for a thread on the forum?!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks from both of us! And once again, you are all setup in the forum! Oh, and the site logo really isn't any of our cars! A long story really. Maybe something for a thread on the forum?!:wink2::pir_flag:

Go ahead and add this story on the our forum. Should get a good laugh John you are better word smith than me go for it

Mike

·
GXP
123 Posts
Very nice UI.

I think it'd be beneficial membership wise to partnerup closer with G8board and link to this subforum instead of isolating NW members completely.

Members on this forum can find the PNW and vice versa, and everyone has access to loads of input on tech and lounge type threads.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Very nice UI.

I think it'd be beneficial membership wise to partnerup closer with G8board and link to this subforum instead of isolating NW members completely.

Members on this forum can find the PNW and vice versa, and everyone has access to loads of input on tech and lounge type threads.
Hey thanks for the thoughts! We had a resources link section on the original web site that linked to a couple of G8 boards. Guess we should give some thought to adding them onto the new one. Anyone wanting to find the PNW site simply has to clink on the link at the top of this thread and they go right there. Looking forward to seeing you becoming a member at the PNW site too!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, the story of the "Mascot G8" is up for all you interested. You'll see more of the "Mascot G8" over time! I think Mike plans on getting his money's worth out of the time he has in it!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I got to it this time. Nice work :thumbsup: You should like SMF it offers a lot of flexibility and is what I use on my forum as well. Nice front end work on the site too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments Skyview. I'm still learning about BBS systems and got a long way to go I'm mostly use to static sites like the front end. UI'm sure I"m going to tweak it a lot more as time goes on. There are a few mroe options I"m working on for the front end but it going to have to do for now I was a bit in a panic when the server died and I didn't make a back up so I pushed the site out a bit early. So there a few more tweaks to the static part coming in by the end of the year.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A resource page and/or links page is coming soon. I"m still working on the balance of the site to fit it in. making sure that the UI engineering is done properly to get the max enjoyment out of the site

1 - 20 of 43 Posts