Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like I'll be moving from the east coast to the west coast some time in the next few months, it's going to be a tough move as it is and having a third car to move will be challenging. Just wondering what your guys opinions are on its value at the moment.

2008 Black G8 GT #219 of the first 888 with 116xxx on the clock, most of the work done on the car was around 112k miles starting in 2012. Nothing mechanical has more than 4k miles on it.
I am the third owner of this car, I love this car and had big plans for the future but life has gotten in the way.
All engine work on this car has been completed by TuneTime Performance.
It has been completely built from the bottom up, this car is a show winner and is guaranteed to please whoever wants it.

Appearance
- Repainted with the chrome accents around the doors blacked out.
- All interior leather has been replaced(all seats, steering wheel, door panels)
- Interior plastics replaced including the trunk.
- 6000K Xenon HID headlights
- Comes with 3 sets of wheels; stock 18" and 19" wheels with barley used tires plus a set of 19" Breyton's (19x8.5 front 19x9.5 rear)(these are no longer made and rare to find, been offered $3,500 for them)with good rubber. All three sets have Factory TPMS sensors mounted and are ready to be swapped on to the car.
- Rear fenders have been professionally rolled
- 10" bazooka tube sub in the trunk
- VIM with HDMI input concealed in/behind the glovebox

Suspension
- Pedders springs
- Pedders body bushings
- Pedders Rear struts
- Pedders Strut Tower Brace
- New OEM front struts, LCA's, strut mounts
- Sway Bars

Brakes
- Camaro SS Brembo 4 Piston Conversion
- Drilled and slotted rotors
- Hawk Performance dustless pads.

Exhaust
- American racing 1 3/4 headers
- Corsa exhaust using stock mufflers, this car is extremely quite for what it is pushing.

Engine
Custom built 402CI 6.6L stroker pushing 480 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno.
- Manley Super Lightweight Rotating assembly; Crank, Pistons, Rings, Connecting Rods, H-Beam, ARP Rod bolts, Main and Rod Bearings, Timing chain and Roller
- LS3 headers ported and polished
- Custom ground cam
- Fast LSX 102 intake with Throttle-body
- Haltech Cold Air Intake Kit
- Upgraded Flex plate
- New OEM water pump, alternator, power steering pump
- Melling oil pump
- Upgraded radiator

The transmission and rear where freshened up and has a stock stall
I think that's about it, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it unreasonable to ask 25k and expect 22-23k?
Otherwise I may just throw it in storage for the next year until I can ship it cross country.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Seems like a good place to start. While you have dumped a lot of money in it, many want to buy a stock one. Not everyone, but a lot do. Finding the right buyer will be the key. I know I'd sure love to have the mods that yours has...

·
Registered
466 Posts
What color? And I'm not sure if you will get that much money out of a car with that many miles. Always good to start with used car values for the age/mileage and try to recoup some of the mod money if you can.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What color? And I'm not sure if you will get that much money out of a car with that many miles. Always good to start with used car values for the age/mileage and try to recoup some of the mod money if you can.
The car is black, milage is irrelevant as the only thing with more than 4k miles is the frame and body panels. I'm not going to sell it for book value, hell the Breyton wheels are selling for 3500 on ebay plus I have stock 18's and 19's with new rubber.

Another option I'm looking at is a totaled car with 38k miles and am debating about putting a stock motor/ECM in it and taking the built motor with me and demoding the car. Should be able to net 7-10k cash in parts plus the car and walk away with a 10k built motor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to put it up for sale on Craig's here locally until I can get the parts car next month and see if I get any decent bites.
Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Just so you know, I sold a 2008 GT (black) with 24,200 miles on it. It was in showroom condition. All original with leather and 19 inch rims. It was car 798 of the first 888. Stock with no add-ons.

It took 5 weeks to sell and I got exactly $20,000.

Andy from NJ

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just so you know, I sold a 2008 GT (black) with 24,200 miles on it. It was in showroom condition. All original with leather and 19 inch rims. It was car 798 of the first 888. Stock with no add-ons.

It took 5 weeks to sell and I got exactly $20,000.

Andy from NJ

I've decided to demod it, I should be able to get 14-15k for it stockish plus I have some one interested in the motor for $7,500 once it's out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Bobyboy101
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing