Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Jim Waldron, the owner of a Pontiac dealership in Michigan has revealed that he and a group of investors submitted an offer to buy the scheduled-for-termination Pontiac brand from GM. Waldron made the announcement on ABC's local WJRT station and said that he expects to hear back from the company this week.

GM representatives, including Communications VP Tom Pyden, have said that the brand is not for sale and that as a part of the company's new Viability Plan submitted to the U.S. government, Pontiac must be phased-out.

Waldron said that it is possible the communications team does not know of the offer.

As the terms of the offer (and, therefore, the price) are private, it is not clear if the offer is reasonable one. Waldron did say that if the offer is accepted his team would look into purchasing vacant plants and hiring a workforce to start manufacturing Pontiacs.

More: Pontiac Dealer Wants to Buy Brand, GM Not Interested on AutoGuide.com

·
Official Glass Tech
641 Posts
or they could just buy the contracts from Toyota and Holden and start selling their own g8s vibes and STs...

·
Registered
576 Posts
GM representatives, including Communications VP Tom Pyden, have said that the brand is not for sale and that as a part of the company's new Viability Plan submitted to the U.S. government, Pontiac must be phased-out.
Meaning, they want to bring back the name in 5-10 years if they can start making money again.

·
I miss Pontiac & G8 ST
510 Posts
I'm for it as long as it is an American, Australian or British group of investors. About the only thing GM did "right" was not selling Pontiac to the Chinese, Koreans or Indians. GM will never bring Pontiac back unfortunately, they just want royalties on GTO and Firebird collectibles and hats and shirts and the like. :(

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
Or, the REAL president of GM...and of the US...is bound and determined that the "Excitement" division must die to appease his "green" voter base. The same voter base that is becoming frustrated with the lack of "green" progress that he promised in his flowery campaign speeches.

Oh, I know, he used to drive a Chrysler 300. And you saw how fast he dumped that when he started catering to the "green" crowd so they wouldn't throw their votes away to Nader again.

There's one for the conspiracy theorists to chew over.:wink2::laugh:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Or, the REAL president of GM...and of the US...is bound and determined that the "Excitement" division must die to appease his "green" voter base. The same voter base that is becoming frustrated with the lack of "green" progress that he promised in his flowery campaign speeches.

Oh, I know, he used to drive a Chrysler 300. And you saw how fast he dumped that when he started catering to the "green" crowd so they wouldn't throw their votes away to Nader again.

He had a HEMI 300C too. He had to be a big baller until his hippy fanbase might have found out. The car sold for like 300k too, crazy...

·
lsgearhead
2,116 Posts
Nothing wrong with some green, but, we need some fast **** too. Let the slow mo foes go green and fast mo foes buy lots of tires. I'm about ready, although I've slowed down just a little in the past week. The oil speculators are on the hunt again and the gas stations are following close behind on fuel that they haven't purchased yet. I see it coming already and I don't like it.

·
Even Conan drives a G8 !
919 Posts
Why wouldnt they take the money? They need money was the last I heard.

·
Registered
212 Posts

So that explains perfectly why the 'vette, Comaro and kick ass caddies will live on! Or not.

Or it could just be that with only one car that doesn't suck Pontiac needs to go.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So that explains perfectly why the 'vette, Comaro and kick ass caddies will live on! Or not.

Or it could just be that with only one car that doesn't suck Pontiac needs to go.
Agreed again...I like the way you think. Reminds me of...me ;)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

What's a Comaro??????:drink:

CAMARO...LOL
Sorry couldn't resist I have owned several Camaro's..

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
What's a Comaro??????:drink:

CAMARO...LOL
Sorry couldn't resist I have owned several Camaro's..
It's a Commodore based Camaro.:wink2:

·
Even Conan drives a G8 !
919 Posts
I still cant understand why GM would not take the offer. :whine:

Keep Pontiac alive !!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
On one hand I want Pontiac to live; U.S. Jobs, Pontiac Heritage, and a possible strong future with the G8. And on the other, Kill Pontiac! They have produce (in my opinion) garbage in the last few years, possible nitch vehicle with the last Pontiac big boys (G8).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts