Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Pontiac G8 Fog Light LED Bulbs

Diode Dynamics carries LED bulbs for replacement of your Pontiac G8's fog lights, in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and SLF styles. This will make your G8's fog lights a nice bright white that closely matches factory-equipped HIDs! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go!

Diode Dynamics offers the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. These LED bulbs are designed by our engineering team here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

HP48: 265 lumens. Slightly lower brightness than factory.

XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.

SLF: Street Legal Output. Much brighter than factory. These are bright! USA Made!

Bulb Design

HP48: This bulb is designed with 48 Epistar 3014 LED chips. Thanks to the cap on the top, the light from this High Power Bulb is shined backwards and away from the bulb, not straight out. This means the output is excellent, because it uses the vehicle's housing completely, which then shines the light much more uniformly.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more, under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Pontiac G8).

Diode Dynamics' products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2008-2009 Pontiac G8

Click below for more info or to order:

Diode Dynamics: Fog Light LEDs for 2008-2009 Pontiac G8

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

Customer Submitted Photo​

·
Registered
344 Posts
Do you have a package to do the HID conversion, or just the bulb? I am looking for Fuction over Bling. Want more light so I can see, not so others see me.

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any word on the yellow in the brightest ones you have? It's been a couple months.
We are expecting the 4300K and 5000K options around the end of this month. I don't have an update on the yellow XML2's at the moment.

However, we recently installed our yellow XP80's on a 2008 Subaru WRX STi and they looked fantastic:

I will post an update when the XML2 is available. I apologize for the wait

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nick, its March do you have any idea when the XML2 yellow LED's are due in? Been 6 months now anything?
I don't have an exact ETA to provide you with, but I will post when they are available. We redesigned the base of the H16 / PSX24W to provide an even better fit

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Almost 8 months later and still waiting, any idea how much longer it's going to be or are they just not coming. Not hating on you just wondering if this just isn't gonna happen.

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Almost 8 months later and still waiting, any idea how much longer it's going to be or are they just not coming. Not hating on you just wondering if this just isn't gonna happen.
We are expecting the new shipment of XML2's to arrive on April 17th

The yellow version is still in development. I don't have an ETA to provide you with on Yellow XML2

We do offer yellow XP80's and yellow halogen bulb replacements

Nick C.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Ok guess I'll just go with the XP80's than Nick and I'll just check back around Christmas time for the XML2's. You do have the XP80's in the yellow for the G8 fogs right?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts