Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok guess I'll just go with the XP80's than Nick and I'll just check back around Christmas time for the XML2's. You do have the XP80's in the yellow for the G8 fogs right?
We do have the Yellow XP80's available on our site for the G8

Again, I apologize for the delays with the yellow XML2, but we won't ship out a product that hasn't been extensively tested to provide the best results.

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
I'll give the XML2's two thumbs up, got a set of 6000k's for my car, easy to put in and they output usable light (unlike whatever LED's where in there before.)

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'll give the XML2's two thumbs up, got a set of 6000k's for my car, easy to put in and they output usable light (unlike whatever LED's where in there before.)

1,420 lumens is perfect for the fog light location IMO :)

Thanks for ordering with us!
Nick C.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Thanks for the Fog Lights, love the color performance of the XML2. Had the chance to try early this morning and sure they are way brighter than stock without been annoying to incoming traffic.

One bulb was a hassle to install, perhaps the housing (car) was not 100% correct. Used a light dab of dielectric grease on the O ring to install it, the other one, just went right in. Removed the fender cover and is pretty easy, 2 clips. However, is all by feel and if does not want to seat correctly is hard to do.

BTW.... where did you guys got the package? The box is pretty nice; sad that is a throw away item :D

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for the Fog Lights, love the color performance of the XML2. Had the chance to try early this morning and sure they are way brighter than stock without been annoying to incoming traffic.

One bulb was a hassle to install, perhaps the housing (car) was not 100% correct. Used a light dab of dielectric grease on the O ring to install it, the other one, just went right in. Removed the fender cover and is pretty easy, 2 clips. However, is all by feel and if does not want to seat correctly is hard to do.

BTY.... where did you guys got the package? The box is pretty nice; sad that is a throw away item :D
:whine: It is a shame to throw the box away lol

Nick C.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts

BTY.... where did you guys got the package? The box is pretty nice; sad that is a throw away item :D
I noticed they can only go in one way, there's two notches on one side of the bulb and one on the other, when installed it has the wire pointing upwards from the housing. I had pulled my fogs out completely, the previous owner used RTV or something nasty on the previous bulbs, had to clean them up so the bulbs would lock in.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Yes, noticed the notches. That was easy. One of the old bulbs did not wanted to come out, royal pain to remove. That was the same one that refused to go in. I think is the housing, not the bulb. Eventually, after moving around I was able to persuade it in. I hope that stays in, if not, might need to remove the lens assembly.

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Really? I understand red headlights but fog lights? What colors are legal?
If you are concerned with road-legality, I'd stick with white, yellow or amber

Red and blue are emergency colors, so they won't be road legal

Here's a video example of the RGB Multicolor fog lights:

Nick C.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
XP80's in yellow are no longer available due to the lens burning. :( I was on my 2nd set when I found they were burnt and when I called for another warranty set that's when I learned they're no longer available.

So I ordered the yellow XML2 fogs that I had been wanting for more then a year since they were advertised. The waiting SUCKED but I must say these things are freaking BRIGHT! Seriously stupid bright like HID bright! And NO HEAT that I could feel after having them on for almost an hour and touching the lens of the fog light and the housing.

Kinda bummed out that it took so long to get the in stock, also bummed that I lost out on my holiday discount because they weren't out yet and then lost out on the discount for the XP80's by waiting for the XML2's to come out. Total cost of these was still full price even though I went through 2 sets of XP80's this year alone, woulda thought I could of have a bone thrown my way after all the waiting and 2 bad sets of XP80's but I'm happy with how the XML2's look so far. I just hope they're more durable then the XP80's were but I'll let you all know! :D

21 - 40 of 79 Posts