Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Here's the HSV GTS in Fusion/Brazen orange before it was discontinued.

Gold tint, deep metallic depth, extremely vibrant candy color. Cars like the G8 beg for a full palette of hues like this.

The copper/red tint on that SEMA G8 is amazing, like you could drown in it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I own Fusion/Brazen orange and it is anything but subtle. It turns heads everywhere I drive it and makes the car stand out. The color alone sold me on buying a GTO because it makes the car something to covet and unique.

The Ignition orange Holden replaced it with looks terrible in comparison. Too much red, too flat, and completely bland.

In fact the whole palette for this car leaves much to be desired for those of us who don't like blending in with traffic. I will probably wait until some more appealing combinations are added.

More colors like this tri-coat orange, Holden's Morpheous purple, Holden's Crunch yellow and even Holden's new green need to be offered for this car.

Dodge sure sells a ton of yellow, green and purple Chargers here. Give the G8 some eye-grabbing colors GM.
I hope they do the complete opposite of what you suggest. However, for some reason that I still can't describe, I do like the BOM on the GTO.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Here's the HSV GTS in Fusion/Brazen orange before it was discontinued.

Gold tint, deep metallic depth, extremely vibrant candy color. Cars like the G8 beg for a full palette of hues like this.

The copper/red tint on that SEMA G8 is amazing, like you could drown in it.
Now that I like.

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Sloloco: Did you think the car resembled any other car? And what did you think about seeing the G8 in person, definitely better than picturew (different)?

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts
Well, the GXP should be about performance and looks, not just one or the other (if I had make a choice though I would go for performance). And neither one of the SEMA G8's offer anything much different from a stock GT other than Special paint, rims and a stripe, it needs to at least have a different styled from bumper and a larger engine. And as for the LSX 427, I doubt we'll see it in the GXP b/c it would probably increase the MSRP by 8-10K. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a LS3.

Also I think someone posted how much the HSV GTS rims would be if you bought them out right and had them shipped from Australia. I think it was somewhere around $4000.00 USD.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, the GXP should be about performance and looks, not just one or the other (if I had make a choice though I would go for performance). And neither one of the SEMA G8's offer anything much different from a stock GT other than Special paint, rims and a stripe, it needs to at least have a different styled from bumper and a larger engine. And as for the LSX 427, I doubt we'll see it in the GXP b/c it would probably increase the MSRP by 8-10K. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a LS3.

Also I think someone posted how much the HSV GTS rims would be if you bought them out right and had them shipped from Australia. I think it was somewhere around $4000.00 USD.
I agree. I also think the GT should have had some kind of styling difference from the base model. Hopefully they add an aggressive styling package like the HSV's alond with the LS3. Please nothing like the beaver tooth G6!

I saw on a Aus website, CAPA, where you could buy HSV parts. The wheels were like 4500AUD. The rear bumper kit with the led tails and end caps, was about 5000AUD.

·
Registered
154 Posts
tri i love your car and i love that paint too, by far the best bom gto ive seen!!! but the fusion orange is slightly different(in appearance and code from my understanding)than brazen. however, i have not done a side by side comparison of these colors... either way, both colors would look amazing on the g8! i loved the orange and black theme i had on my FOM!

heres a shot of my old 03 gagtsct in fusion orange. i LOVED THIS COLOR!

chrish

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate the chrome around the windows. No HUD anong other things. Guess I will keep my 05 GP GXP until the G8 GXP shows up. Maybe then it will have what I already have. I was very intersted in the 08 G8 but outside of more engine it doesn't offer me much. I will go down to my local Pontiac dealer when the G8 shows up in the showroom. But I won't need to take my checkbook.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i agree, ill be waiting for the '09 model in hopes of colors, manual, some other options and yes, hud! maybe i should have got a gp gxp to hold me over... :(

chrish

·
Registered
6 Posts
A six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control backs the powerful small-block engine
Interesting they can't even figure out which tranny is in the car. It is clearly a 6sp MT.

The car looked great in person, although I am not a big fan of the Sentra SE-R wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting they can't even figure out which tranny is in the car. It is clearly a 6sp MT.
FYI, they are not putting a manual in the gt production. which is what they were talking about i believe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wish they would bring back the Brazin Orange. Guess I'll have to pay for a Brazin paint job. :) That is one gorgous car. I could think of some better finishing touches. But the base look is great.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok this is an ancient thread but I came across a photo I took @ SEMA back in '07 of the concept car. Thought others would appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
225 Posts
2007 and it basically had GXP wheels. I did a search and those wheels weren't on the '07 or '08 Commodore.

·
Registered
893 Posts
WOW. Talk about reviving an old thread. At least the first revival had a pic to it.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
23 Participants
MGMGXP
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing