Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Even Conan drives a G8 !
919 Posts
Do you guys sand, use spray or touch up brush, primer, and would you use clear coat for a small rock chip on the hood?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I only see one place on the internet calling 18U/WA354N 'Evoke Pearl' however I do see many, including Holden's website, listing 'Evoke Metallic'.

·
'11 STI Sedan
1,341 Posts
Just trying to help. Sorry if I came off rude. Thanks for taking the time to put all this info together for us

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh, hey no, it was me who came off rude: sorry about that! I didn't mean to be short at all. I appreciate every bit of information that anyone can turn up; it's what keeps this place getting better :)

·
Does not have a G8
154 Posts
I know this thread is WAY old, but I wanted a nice comparison of the colors and how many of each were made. Thanks to the original posters information I came up with some Excel charts.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
LOL, way old huh :p Good chart; it's a great way to visualize the color distribution.

·
Sooper Moderatorator
2,855 Posts
My dealer couldn't find the paint code for my car, LOL! He was looking everywhere for it. I finally did get some touch up paint ordered from the dealer for it. 13 mother lovin dollars!! That's crazy for a paint pen!

Question: Is the metallic in the base coat or in the clear?

·
Sooper Moderatorator
2,855 Posts
The reason I ask is cause I put some "matched" touch up paint on my '04 GTO and it seemed like it had little to no metallic content so it didn't match perfectly. Didn't really want the same results.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Thanks for the info, but I think you may be misinformed. I have a panther black metallic GT and I went out twice to my driveway to compare the color sample you posted and the color on my car and I'm pretty sure its off.

My black color is more of a flat black w/ a consistent "orange peel" sheen and lots of pock marks, chips, and specks...it really doesn't look anything like that:drink:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ordered two pens via California Car Cover one for my Lexus and 64U for my Pacific Slate Metallic. Well California tells me the 64U is not Pacific Slate, I tell them it is, and tell them to cancel the order. Well today I get two pens, you guessed it, one is correct for the Lexus and 64U is a rather pale metallic red/burgundy. So I call the actual producer Autovisuals.Com out of Chatsworth,CA, spoke with a real 5 star lady and we went over the codes, which are further back on this post. The 64 is spot on, the "U" caused the confusion. But I also gave California Car Cover, my originator of the order the other paint code for Pacific Slate and still they messed it up. Well Autovisuals is sending me the correct touch up pen, no charge. Now that is customer service. I would use them again. Nice pen, compact and has the hard plastic tip, good for our millions of small chips. My poor G8 just spent a night on a slush covered street, with tons of salt on it, the drivers side is white at this time, gotta wash it when it goes above freezing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
thanks this is very useful, need some touch up for those paint chips on the hood. This is the worst car ever when it comes paint chips.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
39 Participants
Dunbar
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing