Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 Pontiac G8 and my passenger seat way starting to rip pretty bad so I found a used seat that was in really good condition and after disconnecting the negative battery terminal and removing the seat belt and seat and put in the used seat. I now have a air bag fault light and it won't go away. I thought it was the airbag module so I took out my original airbag module and put it in the used seat and still same airbag fault. Can anyone help me? Or have any insight. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
There ia a huge list of fault codes assigned to the passenger seat. Are you telling me that everything worked correctly *prior* to the seat change ? Without being able to pull up the exact fault code(s), you might be in for some extensive T/S. Do you know for a fact that the seat pan presence sensor is good ? That the seat belt logic is good ? That the seat position (near or far) is working correctly ? The manual says that anytime the under seat module or seat pan pressure sensor is changed, the system *must* be re-zeroed using GM's Tech system to avoid *not passing* the system test at ignition turn on (or so they say). Since both modules changed nothing, it sounds like you can eliminate that component.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the seat was working perfectly. I thought it was going to be a easy fix. What would you do? I only replaced the one module. Where's the other one located? I really appreciate your help and it's awesome to have kind people still out there. I was thinking about putting back the original seat to see what happens? Because my original seat worked perfectly. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
There's only the one module for that passenger seat. It wouldn't hurt to make sure that the F18-5A fuse labeled AOS in the underhood fuse box is good. It supplies the power to that under seat airbag module. When the system is operating normal an the ignition is turned on, the red airbag symbol in the instrument cluster will cycle (on an off) 7 times while the car checks everything out. If OK it cancels. If there is a hard fault, it says the airbag fault comes on immediately. That might be the icon symbol as well as a fault condition displayed in the DIC. I've had the AIRBAG fault display about 4 times at ignition turn on over the 10 years. Each time, turn the ignition off, turn the ignition back on, an the system self tests good. I have no idea *how* you could check out the seat pan pressure pad. So if its faulty, your in for a drawn out maintenance job. Your sure that *all* the connectors are hooked up good. I'll keep working with you as best I can, but it looks like this circuit is very complicated to work on

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think the seat belt buckle has a fuse built in. Did you swap the seat belt buckle from the old seat?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Might be easier to just swap the seat covers and put the old seat back in with the newer covers on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
BlueG8GT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing