Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Its good that they are staying with the Rolex Grand Am racing. For the past few years LS1GTO has sent over 420 Pontiac Owners to hospitality events at NHRA and Grand Am races. They had GTO pace cars, GTO.R & GXP.R race cars, GTO & GXP promod drag cars.

I dunno - free tickets to a race, free meals, special parking corral, driver autograph sessions, tech discussions with engineers, pace car rides, parade laps, free trips to bondurant race school ....... Pontiac treats us well I think :)
I remember going to that first hospitality event. I had a field day. I got to watch as the GTO.R was put on the dyno to make sure it was in compliance. I think they were just showing off. I will have to admit, the GTO pace cars were painted much more attractively.

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Love the car and paint but is way too high and those wheels suck for a pace car, Pete fix that car!
Hmmm, maybe the first G8 owner to fax over thier purchase agreement should get Pedderised -- for free? Hmmmm.... Should it be GSR or eXtreme? Hmmm

Nah, Pedders would never do anything like that..... ;)

·
Cynical A$$hole
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rolex G8 Pace Car to be auctioned Jan 19, 2011

Possibly this has been posted elsewhere - but the 2008 Grand Am G8 Pace Car is listed in the upcoming Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale Auction later this month. Lot #405.3.
Also listed is a GXP in lot 405.4.

DVR is set :wink2:

All New Pontiac G8 To Pace Grand-Am Rolex 24 Hour At Daytona
G8 out front at Daytona

Daytona Beach, Fla., January 25, 2008 – The all new Pontiac G8 performance sedan will make its North American track debut pacing the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series presented by Crown Royal Cask No. 16 46th running of the Rolex 24 Hour At Daytona.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hmm wonder what it will go for. I also wonder and have noticed that some of the early 08's in north america came with V8's but the split spoke (V6 wheels....)...anyone know why?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hmm wonder what it will go for. I also wonder and have noticed that some of the early 08's in north america came with V8's but the split spoke (V6 wheels....)...anyone know why?
I have seen pictures of two 08 GT's with V-6 Wheels. One was the rolex pace car and the other was 50 cents GT before it was modified. Both cars were pre production models. 50 cents GT was built of 07 SEMA show which was in October or November, and artice I saw on Rolex pace car was date line about same time. G8 production started December 14, 2007.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an 09 GT with V6 wheels, but then someone in the Cary NC area has a V6 with 19" GT wheels :)

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I have seen pictures of two 08 GT's with V-6 Wheels. One was the rolex pace car and the other was 50 cents GT before it was modified. Both cars were pre production models. 50 cents GT was built of 07 SEMA show which was in October or November, and artice I saw on Rolex pace car was date line about same time. G8 production started December 14, 2007.

Another was the actual non-GXP options car... it was red with bright-silver looking twinspoke rims. It's the one that had the concept car dart, and the twinspoke rims looked really nice. It was a GT and also had a one-off partially-converted interior. I believe it was one of the first left hand drive VE's produced. Some of it's uniqueness never made it to production. Notice the steering wheel text as well as the gauges.

LINK

This very car was what inspired me to buy my twinspoke summer rims in May 2009 and I've been running them ever since! :):)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Another was the actual non-GXP options car... it was red with bright-silver looking twinspoke rims. It's the one that had the concept car dart, and the twinspoke rims looked really nice. It was a GT and also had a one-off partially-converted interior. I believe it was one of the first left hand drive VE's produced. Some of it's uniqueness never made it to production. Notice the steering wheel text as well as the gauges.

LINK

This very car was what inspired me to buy my twinspoke summer rims in May 2009 and I've been running them ever since! :):)
Zep, Middle East has had the VE since 2007 MY I believe, so the Pontiac wouldn't have been the first left hand drive VE's. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think the twin-spokes look way better than the GT 18's.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a picture standing next to it in 2008. Pretty sick watching it go round the track. Wish they ran one as the 2009 GXP.R before Pontiac's demise. Plan to go again this year. BMW 1 Series M will pace. Not fancy on trim packages, but whatever.

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Rolex G8 Pace Car sold for $22,500.00.

I would expect the pace car had a lot of seat time around the tracks of the year or so they had it actually pacing the races.

They had a GXP in the next lot (know as a "Hot Lap Car") went for $45100.00.

Check out this link http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42050&page=3
Thanks Philip. Wow, 45.1k is pretty high for a stock GXP that's had the hell driven out of it!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts