Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anybody know where to find some high resolution pics. of the G8 Pace Car? I would like to add it to my screen saver. I did a google image search but didn't come up with anything high resolution.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Anybody know where to find some high resolution pics. of the G8 Pace Car? I would like to add it to my screen saver. I did a google image search but didn't come up with anything high resolution.
Does anyone have the high-res. i have been looking for them as well and have turned up none. i thought for sure i would find videos of it pacing laps as well on youtube but did not find those either, just one in car video.

best i found

·
Registered
370 Posts
Was looking through some racing pictures today, noticed these. Had no idea I caught the G8 pace car on camera, at the time I didn't even know about the G8 at all.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Slowly gaining acceptance
383 Posts
Yeah they have been asking way too much for over a year now.
It's an ultra low mileage G8, which has its charms, but you would ruin most of its potential value by peeling off all the ugly graphics.
This is one of those cars I could see at a Barrett-Jackson years from now.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah they have been asking way too much for over a year now.
It's an ultra low mileage G8, which has its charms, but you would ruin most of its potential value by peeling off all the ugly graphics.
This is one of those cars I could see at a Barrett-Jackson years from now.
It's a pace car collectors car. Pace car collectors want indy and daytona pace cars not grandam. Also all the pictures I have of the grandam pace cars have v6 wheels I don't have any pictures with the 19"s so I found that odd always with this car too.

·
383 Posts
It's a pace car collectors car. Pace car collectors want indy and daytona pace cars not grandam. Also all the pictures I have of the grandam pace cars have v6 wheels I don't have any pictures with the 19"s so I found that odd always with this car too.
This is different. This is an actual pace car. The Indy 500 pace cars that everyone collects are limited edition replicas, but the actual race used pace cars are generally retained by IMS or - on very rare occasions - returned to the manufacturer or awarded to the driver. They very rarely are offered for sale, and when they do, they go for coin.

This is more like the PPG IndyCar World Series pace cars that are available for sale. Some of them are one-off customs and fetch a pretty penny, but some of them are production cars that, while not quite as valuable, still command a premium because they were actually used in one or more races.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
This is different. This is an actual pace car. The Indy 500 pace cars that everyone collects are limited edition replicas, but the actual race used pace cars are generally retained by IMS or - on very rare occasions - returned to the manufacturer or awarded to the driver. They very rarely are offered for sale, and when they do, they go for coin.

This is more like the PPG IndyCar World Series pace cars that are available for sale. Some of them are one-off customs and fetch a pretty penny, but some of them are production cars that, while not quite as valuable, still command a premium because they were actually used in one or more races.
I think this car is way overpriced maybe 22,.000.00.

·
383 Posts
I think this car is way overpriced maybe 22,.000.00.
If you're buying it as a driver and your first task is to peel the graphics off of it, you're probably right. I could see it getting $27k-$30k from the right collector.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
37 Participants
Jimal
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing