·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Pontiac G8 LED Turn Signals

Click to order or for more information:

Pontiac G8 Front Turn Signal LEDs

Bulb Design:

HP11: Four side-firing 1.5W-rated Osram LED chips, and one 5W-rated LED chip on top, which is projected by a lens for maximum effective brightness. The bulb is housed in a machined aluminum casing, which provides superior heat diffusion for long life.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

Switchback Bulb Model:
HP24: 16 amber and 8 white, high-power LED chips. Full aluminum body for durability and advanced digital latching circuit for color control. 6000k, Cool White to match your HIDs or other LED applications.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS.

Hyperblink Fix: The turn signals on most vehicles will begin to blink fast (hyperblink) when LED bulbs are installed. This is because LEDs use less power than the original bulbs, so your vehicle thinks that the bulb is out. There are two ways to fix this:

Resistor Kit: This is a universal way to fix the issue, and will work for any vehicle. By adding a resistor to the bulb's circuit, you can mimic the power consumption of the original bulb, and return the vehicle to normal turn signal speed. The installation takes 10-15 minutes, and involves making two simple connections. Everything you need is included in the kit. If you have both front and rear LED turn signals, you usually only need one set of resistors, on the front or rear, to create enough resistance for the turn signal circuit.

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click to order or for more information:

Pontiac G8 Front Turn Signal LEDs

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email
[email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Ad says turn signal, but the pic shows headlights and fog....so what exactly is it? I'm interested in the turn signal and are resistors required?

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ad says turn signal, but the pic shows headlights and fog....so what exactly is it? I'm interested in the turn signal and are resistors required?
It's the white turn signal shown in the picture (sorry for the lack of pictures), which are white and flash amber

You will need to install load resistors to prevent hyper-flash. Turn signal locations are the only locations that require anything additional for LED's

Nick C.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I can vouch for Nick that his products are top notch quality. I've bought all my HID kits all the way back when I had my Tiburon years ago. Never had an major problem with any of the kits. Bought a kit for my Tiburon, Mazda, Traiblazer SS and G8 and all worked perfectly. I've referred many of my friends to his site.

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can vouch for Nick that his products are top notch quality. I've bought all my HID kits all the way back when I had my Tiburon years ago. Never had an major problem with any of the kits. Bought a kit for my Tiburon, Mazda, Traiblazer SS and G8 and all worked perfectly. I've referred many of my friends to his site.
Thanks for the vote of confidence!

We've come a very long way from the Tiburon days :)

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Hope you don't mind me asking this but with your setup I could install LED turn signals front and rear and could get away with installing one resistor per side? As in I could install all of the turn signals and then install the resistors, one in the left turn circuit and one in the right turn circuit in the trunk area and not have to install resistors up front? Hope that makes sense. This would be great if so since it's much easier to conceal the resistor and wiring out back than it is in the engine bay.

Thank you for any and all info you can provide!

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope you don't mind me asking this but with your setup I could install LED turn signals front and rear and could get away with installing one resistor per side? As in I could install all of the turn signals and then install the resistors, one in the left turn circuit and one in the right turn circuit in the trunk area and not have to install resistors up front? Hope that makes sense. This would be great if so since it's much easier to conceal the resistor and wiring out back than it is in the engine bay.

Thank you for any and all info you can provide!
You will need to install 1 load resistor for every incandescent bulb you replace with an LED in a turn signal location. LEDs create considerably less resistance than the filament in the factory bulb, so your G8's flasher module interprets this as a bulb going out. (When filament bulbs go bad, they don't create much resistance) this causes the car to go into the hyperflash failure mode to alert you that a bulb is going out.

The resistors create the resistance lost by taking out that filament bulb, and the flasher doesn't go into hyperflash mode as a result.

If you would like to learn a little more, check out our research page: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/research.html

There are no turn signal LED bulbs with resistors built in. Resistors generate heat (as they create resistance). Heat is the biggest enemy of LEDs, and causes 90% of LED failures.

Feel free to call us if you need more information: (314) 205-3033

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Thank you for the reply Nick! I guess the part I got mixed up on is the following from your original post.

Resistor Kit: ... If you have both front and rear LED turn signals, you usually only need one set of resistors, on the front or rear, to create enough resistance for the turn signal circuit.
To me that sounded like if I have LED's all the way around I could get away with installing a resistor in the trunk for the left side circuit and the right side circuit. Sorry to be a pain, just trying to clarify before ordering!

Thank you again!

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the reply Nick! I guess the part I got mixed up on is the following from your original post.

To me that sounded like if I have LED's all the way around I could get away with installing a resistor in the trunk for the left side circuit and the right side circuit. Sorry to be a pain, just trying to clarify before ordering!

Thank you again!
Matt,

Thanks for asking! I always encourage customers to ask if there is any doubt

It prevents confusion, and also helps us fulfill our mission to educate about lighting technology

The switchbacks are one of my favorite upgrades for the G8!

Nick C.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Nick, if I order a set for all four corners, could I order an extra pair of resistors for my new LED mirror caps?

·
Supporting Vendors
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nick, if I order a set for all four corners, could I order an extra pair of resistors for my new LED mirror caps?
Certainly, we have resistors listed on the site. You could purchase those in addition to the others needed for the turn signals.

Feel free to give us a call if you need more assistance: (314) 205-3033

Thanks,
Nick C.

·
Founder:HOCONA
670 Posts
I bought their Canbus HID kit, their amber side markers, and white LED's for my licence plate. Best investment EVER!! Stop fooling yourself with cheap off shore fleabay stuff... this is where the serious players go to get serious lighting!

:)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've been wanting to buy some of the switchback LED turn signals, but your website says they're out of stock still. Is the website correct?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was wondering if you think your amber/turn signal circuit on your switchbacks would be brighter than say a "1157 Switchback LED, 60 Dual Color SMD" item from DDM tuning. Their white is a great brightness for DRLs, but I fear the turn signal flash lacks in brightness...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Couldn't pass up the deal! Ordered front switchbacks, rear turns (310 lumen), and reverse (510? lumens) a little while ago! I look forward to putting them in the LED tails I just ordered!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts