Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lone Star State
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who has a supply of these items for the G8?
  • PN 92138842, plastic retainer clip used on much of the interior trim/dash pieces.
  • PN ????????, black screw used on many of the interior trim/dash pieces.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Plastic clip:
clips and fasteners, ebay, amazon, dealer
Screw: local hardware store

·
Lone Star State
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I bought a buttload of them when I did the G8 console swap on my PPV. Not perfect but secured things just fine.

-J
I thought I had a good replacement, the screw I bought looked identical, but I couldn't even get it to screw in, the threads wrong pitch, etc. I bought a #8 Phillips Truss Head. I'll give the metric a try, that's what I should have done previously.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black, Roto-Fab CAI.
41 Posts
I bought ten of the plastic clips at my local Chevrolet dealer. Walked in with that part number above and he ordered ten. Had to come from a warehouse in Michigan. Seem to be readily available. $5 a piece at the dealer.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Found a similar screw, but not the exact one pictured above. By the way, General Motors isn't in the screw nor clip manufacturing business. They merely use another entity's parts, put them in their packaging, markup the price and sell it to the customer..As JCMG8 stated, eBay, Amazon, perchance Rock Auto or local hardware stores are all viable options.

·
Lone Star State
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts