Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have a base V6 fully loaded. I love this car and its power but I wonder....would it be possible to place the V8 in the V6 body?

·
Ins-Z-G8-toR
3,310 Posts
Hello all. I have a base V6 fully loaded. I love this car and its power but I wonder....would it be possible to place the V8 in the V6 body?

Yes. In fact a member on here Hazer396 or Hazer369 one of those user names is doing the swap as we speak.

·
Registered
316 Posts
As I always tell people, anything can be done it all depends how much money you spend and how you go about it.

For instance, I am converting my girlfriend's 2007 eclipse from 4 cylinder to V6 with a turbo. We bought a whole engine and transmission package and begged them to keep the vitals with it such as the harness and the alternator and starter and stuff. We picked the package up for 1800 and we will complete the swap for under 2500.

To answer your specific question, yes, it can be done. Someone is doing the conversion as we speak to an LS V8. I am in the beginning stages of doing a V8 swap myself with a type of engine not used in G8s at all. If your budget is less than $3k, I would have to say it's not possible. If your budget is closer to $5k or $6k, then it may he possible.

Off the top of my head, you need:
Engine
Transmission
Engine control module
Engine harness
Dash harness modifications
Driveshaft
Differential
Axle shafts
Shift rod
All belt driven accessories

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
If you want the v8 sell the v6 car and buy a gt or gxp. Huge headache and you won't ever get your money out of it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
There's no question trading it in would save a lot of money and aggravation. However, what if you have modified your car appearance wise and don't want to start over? What if the fact that it is your first G8 is sentimental to you and you don't want a different car? This question has been asked on every car forum I am part of when it comes to less optioned vehicles and people always jump to say trading it in is the better choice. But for some people money isn't an issue and for some people its worth the time and money to still have their car and not another especially if they bought theirs new. I have strived to have the most modded V6 driveline and i do. Not because it was cheap though. I could've bought a GT with the money I've spent but instead I'm going to make my car what I want it to be because it can't be bought on a dealer lot. The way I see it putting a 6.0 or a 6.2 in a V6 car doesn't have the cool factor and to me personally it isn't worth it which is why I've chosen a more exotic power plant. But as they say, to each his own.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
If your car is paid for its a no brainer. I've had no payment for about 7 months now and am thinking what I can do.....

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
To chime in I have both. I could have bought a Gt for my first G8 but they were expensive. So when I saw my Stryker blue V6 I just had to have it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts