Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked for a "Fuel Saver Tune" which extends the AFM parameters to help improve MPG both around town and on the highways.

Just got this info today!
It’s something that we’re definitely planning on looking into while we’re working on the new trans files.
Thanks SC for the excellent G8 Tunes!

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
I have AFM disabled because of the vibration around town, but if they can eliminate that I'm all for it. What I'm really interested in though is the new trans files, this has been an ongoing problem with the Superchips tunes.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have AFM disabled because of the vibration around town, but if they can eliminate that I'm all for it. What I'm really interested in though is the new trans files, this has been an ongoing problem with the Superchips tunes.
Ongoing problem? Not sure I follow that one, but I'm also very interested in the new TCM tune. They are still finishing up 2010 models, but our TCM revision is next in line!

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
You know that many have complained about jerky and hard shifts with the Superchips tune, or did you forget about this? Besides I wouldn't think they'd be revising the trans tunes if there wasn't a problem.

·
go wings!
552 Posts
I think an improved AFM tune for roadtrips would be very beneficial... Although I'm assuming it would be forcing the car into AFM more often and that really isn't a problem on highway cruising as far as I have observed with my car. It'd be nice to make it stay active with more throttle input than the current threshold though

·
can haz cheezburger
228 Posts
I think an improved AFM tune for roadtrips would be very beneficial... Although I'm assuming it would be forcing the car into AFM more often and that really isn't a problem on highway cruising as far as I have observed with my car. It'd be nice to make it stay active with more throttle input than the current threshold though
X2. It comes out of AFM way too easily. It doesn't even seem as if I can keep speed while in AFM. It only seems to be active while decelerating. I'd swear it's only active up to like 2-5% throttle. I'd extend it to 10/15%. Probably 10 to be safe, not sure how the engine would like throttle+AFM.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know that many have complained about jerky and hard shifts with the Superchips tune, or did you forget about this? Besides I wouldn't think they'd be revising the trans tunes if there wasn't a problem.
I have had no problems. I believe you, along with several others, have had a mechanical issue with the 2-3 change correct? Having to have a seal replaced or something? I also believe there is a TSB out on that issue. I have had no mechanical work done on my car, and have never had jerky shifting with the SC tune, only jerked with the stock tune.

That being said, all cars aren't the same, therefore we can agree they may react differently to the same settings. So others could have issues, which they should contact Superchips directly.

They are revising the TCM tune mainly because they have learned much more about the 6 speed while tuning the 2010 model trucks with the same equipment and they believe they can improve things.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
They are revising the TCM tune mainly because they have learned much more about the 6 speed while tuning the 2010 model trucks with the same equipment and they believe they can improve things.
Can't wait for that! :wink2:

·
Longtime Member
1,556 Posts
sounds good !!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
More options are better, I voted against only because I have some vibration issues I need to get rid of and eliminating AFM would be the quickest way.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
More options are better, I voted against only because I have some vibration issues I need to get rid of and eliminating AFM would be the quickest way.
That's the same reason I've tuned mine out completely for most of the time. Interesting that I read somewhere that 2009.5 cars (GT's and GXP's) have "revised motor mounts that minimize or elliminate driveline vibrations related to AFM" ... wonder if I can convince my dealership to install the 2009.5 motor mounts in my 2009.1 car? hmmmmmm:secret:

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rather than having a seperate gas mileage tune (like they have done with the different intakes and 91/93 tunes), how about if they just added a drop down menu under the AFM/DOD enable/disable function (like they did with the TM) that allowed you to increase your AFM functionality (also like +25%, +50%, +100%, etc.). That way if someone running a Vararam tune or Rotofab tune also wants to increase their AFM they can. I know the lack of this ability with the Cortex was the main reason I was on the fence for so long over this tuner and had I not gotten the deal I got on a used one would not have purchased it. I just could not see spending $350.00 on this tuner when I could put that towards HPTuners which would give me the ability to increase my mileage (by tweaking the AFM) as well as doing all the other things this tuner can do. Of course the downside is the learning curve which I read is significant with these tranny tunes and the initial expense.

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
They might be able to do that, call Superchips and make a suggestion. It seems when people have a problem they post it here rather than calling Superchips. When I spoke to them the other day, the guy said very few people call them about problems they are having, so in order for you to get results you need to contact them.

·
Registered
587 Posts
+1 for a gas saver tune. it would be awesome for trips. The car def comes out of afm way to easily. Drop down menu option would be great but I don't know if it would be possible to do that.

Maybe a separate fuel saver tune for trips and a drop down menu option for increased AFM based on throttle position for when using the regular 87-93 tunes?

·
Registered
587 Posts
What are the new trans files by the way? I'm not noticing any issues. Do you have a rough estimate on when new files might come out? (months weeks ect)

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What are the new trans files by the way? I'm not noticing any issues. Do you have a rough estimate on when new files might come out? (months weeks ect)
There are no issues that I know of.....and SC doesn't typically revise tunes. Since the G8 tune release, they have tuned a ton of other GM 2009 and 2010 models with the same 6 speed tranny. They have learned alot about the 6 speed and feel they can improve the TCM tune. It should be next in line once all the 2010 models are finished. I will let everyone know when I'm testing, and the release should be a couple weeks after that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Please let us know, because this shifting issue sucks! I did raise the shift points in 1st and 2nd gears, but it's still jerky...

Next up, the dealership...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts