• What's AFM?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
That's the same reason I've tuned mine out completely for most of the time. Interesting that I read somewhere that 2009.5 cars (GT's and GXP's) have "revised motor mounts that minimize or elliminate driveline vibrations related to AFM" ... wonder if I can convince my dealership to install the 2009.5 motor mounts in my 2009.1 car? hmmmmmm:secret:
I noticed the same, I may try once I pull my car out of storage. I have documented many service calls for a low speed vibration from AFM and some other source?... that I don't believe is the driveline (driveshaft).

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
too bad they can't spend an hour to retry the 93 roto tune. I think they got you on a hot day while tuning for such.

will the transmission tune make our cars any quicker or just smoother on the shifts?

·
Banned
7,067 Posts
From what I understand the trans tune will smooth out the shifts, many have complained about the hard 2-3 shifts.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
From what I understand the trans tune will smooth out the shifts, many have complained about the hard 2-3 shifts.

I'm sure this will be addressed with the TCM revision.

Personally, I'm not having any 2-3 shifting problems.

I've tried to duplicate the problem (it's kinda hard since no one can explain the problem), but I'm not having an issue. The only thing I found, is that shifting incorrectly, and manually shifting 2-3, with low rpms and low speed, at WOT, would cause a slightly rough shift or jerk into 3rd. Again, this was shifting incorrectly that caused the rough shift. When shifting in the appropriate rpm range, I have a very quick 2-3 shift.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's the same reason I've tuned mine out completely for most of the time. Interesting that I read somewhere that 2009.5 cars (GT's and GXP's) have "revised motor mounts that minimize or elliminate driveline vibrations related to AFM" ... wonder if I can convince my dealership to install the 2009.5 motor mounts in my 2009.1 car? hmmmmmm:secret:

They replaced mine and it barely made any difference.

·
Registered
322 Posts
any updates on this?

·
Hawthorne Engine 1
889 Posts
bump

·
Registered
322 Posts
any updates??
SRG-Just noticed you're in Charlotte... whereabouts?

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
322 Posts
is this ever going to happen?

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
I just updated mine recently and my 3 - 2 and 2 - 1 shifts are amazingly better (I drive in manual mode when I don't want AFM). It still jumps forward when down shifting in higher RPMs but not like it did before.

I personally would love more AFM control. The sound nor vibration bothers me when I'm driving on the hwy and I drive in manual mode when I don't want AFM anyways.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Bump and what about this as a possibility, for an economy tune leave the car in normal "D" and for the performance tune bump the shifter to the right and use the "sport" mode.

I am not sure what all changes when you move the shifter from normal to sport if it only affects the trans or if it changes adjusts timing/fuel tables, etc.

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
123 Posts
Correct if im wrong but i thought there used to be a gas saver tune available back when they were comming out with the vararam tunes..

Do u mean any tuning is done for the G8?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I have read something about people having an E85 tune, is that accurate?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Do u mean any tuning is done for the G8?
I take that to mean that Superchips is not putting any more development or effort into a discontinued car line like the G8.

No new developments as no new cars and dwindling customer base.

Sorry...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts