Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought about playin around with some plastidip just curious on peoples thoughts, nothing too crazy.

·
Spaycace
151 Posts
Doesn't look too bad ... but did you think of just following the hood line crease, instead of having it curve the way it does? And i have another question too ... why do people spend all that extra $ for a GXP just to de-badge it? I like to advertise the GXP since its so rare to see many of them. Personal preferences I guess. Wheels look nice w/black accents too!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I bought the GXP it was for a lot of reasons but the badges werent one of them haha
Thanks, Im still on the fence about it but I wanna change it up a lil

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys,
Only things added are:
- barthurst (rough paint render)
- roof
- spoiler
- dual side stripes

Everything else is real life, Rims are already black accent (not plastidip) factory machined with black

These are just some random ideas I had today, prob wont make it to the car but well see.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I'm gonna go on a limb and say plasti dip the whole front bumper. Go different. Don't black out head lights. They'll look kinda like eyes . Is your front windshield blacked out for real. Where are you that the cops allow that ? Maybe debadge. Feeling it though. Good thing about plasti dip is its not permanent.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The whole front bumper would be a bit much, windshield isnt blacked out but lightly tinted 50% (but only when I drive in mexico..) cause its not legal. it is debadged except the front dart.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Gotcha , I was gonna say It looks limo in the pics .

·
Registered
371 Posts
I think that looks really bad ass...and it is different.

However...

I think you should do the hood scoops as well. Just the scoops not the entire area. I also think a silver/black concept dart would look really really good on your car.

I do think in the first picture the sunroof really sticks out....idk if a dark tint would help that.

I love the entire look and the rims look great with the silver/black.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I blacked out the bottom rail on my front bumper w/ plastidip (like yours). I like it on a GXP. Espec my WH. I also plastidiped my hood inserts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't like the hood much but the spoiler and small spots on the sides look awesome.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts