Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are everyone's numbers with BTR Stage 2 vs Stage 3 and/or TSP 2 and 3? Trying to figure out what will get me to where I want to be and get my budget set. Looking for closer to 450whp if possible with these cams. Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
What is your intended purpose for the car? Fast at the drag strip? Healthy, streetable power? What supporting mods do you have/plan to install with the cam?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intentions would be fast street and drag car with good daily drivability in good weather (no winter driving). I already have headers, rotofab cai, and axle back ordered. Also going to do a catch can, Camaro trans pan upgrade, possibly a trans cooler if needed, obviously doing the full DOD delete with the cam, and a trunnion upgrade. Cam kit comes with BTR springs and rods, LS7 lifters, ARP head bolts etc. Not sure if I'm going to do a stall converter yet because I don't know which cam I will get

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT WH
303 Posts
My BTR stage 2 made 430 hp with vcm otr intake and long tubes.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
My BTR 2 made 540rwhp with LSA intake and kooks mids

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT WH
303 Posts
That's about the HP range I would want to be in. Those the only mods you have for that power?
Not so notable is just solo axle backs and summit 25% underdrive pulley. Probably negligible gains there. Next would be porting the heads and intake manifold, larger throttle body. Other than that, you can't really get much more out of it without boost/nitrous.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unsolicited advice - A peak horsepower number isn't everything. For a mostly street driven vehicle, the engine won't be kept that high up in the power band to take advantage of a few extra peak ponies. I suggest staying on the smaller side to focus on boosting midrange torque and power. Search for "Little Lunati" on here. Its a 219/223 .625/.625. Many members running low 12s and high 11s with supporting mods on this "small" cam.

·
Registered
2009 Liquid Red GT 439WHP
69 Posts
439HP/422TQ.

BTR stage 2, Vararam OTR, kooks 1 7/8" Long tubes, 2 1/2" exhaust headerback.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve just installed the Btr stage 2 cam and we picked up 54hp from the previous cam Vcm21which had 421hp,engine have 1 3/4” pacemaker with a 2 1/2” exhaust & OTR
car is very streetable with a power and that really plants you into your seat from 3500 through to 7000.
Taking it to the strip tonight and hopefully get that 11sec pass 🤞🏼

1 - 13 of 13 Posts