Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

Can anyone help with a power window issue ?

My driver side rear power window dropped off the cable. I didn’t use the window at all, it just fell down about 1/2 to 3/4 downwards all by itself.

I pulled off the trim panel and have access to the mechanicals. The cable is off the track and it’s sitting at the bottom with about 6”- 8” inches of slack.

What’s my issue here ?
A) A PW motor ?
B) It just needs to be restrung ?m

I’ve attached (4) photos showing the problem. The photos are looking into the door and looking upwards in the door. You can see that the cable appears to be backwards and rubbing on the spool case.

Thanks for any and all feedback !
Dave - GTO3DEUCES

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
I've never even had a door panel removed as of yet. That regulator looks like one trick pony in there. Maybe you could or might have to open up the passenger side, to study what a normal cable layout looks like as well as how everything wants to move around from full up to full down. That might let you know *if* that drivers side can be saved, or if a replacement is required.

·
Registered
321 Posts
At each end there are some plastic wheels that the cable rides on. If I had to guess I bet one of those broke. I was just taking some out of a 15 SS the other day and that looked like the weak point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts