Pontiac G8 Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
How bout that>>>> If the fix requires that 1 relay needs to be replaced on that fuse panel, you may want to consider refreshing others at the same time. They all have seen a bunch of cycles over the years. Those switching contacts might be developing some pits and or carbon buildup on them. Possibly setting up a future failure with the window circuit as well as other circuits assigned to those relays. They show several of those relays are the same on that fuse panel. They use P/N 92181835 an go for about $2 each at Rock Auto, for example. Or buy a few to have handy as spares.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Good deal. If possible, stick with the General Motors genuine relays.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
My read on the window control wiring diagram, tells me you need to jump pins 1 to 2 of the window switch control module's X2 connector.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Back to my search for a 20amp circuit breaker to power my seats... I bought one from Littlefuse on Ebay but it turned out the "body" was too fat to fit into the slot in the fuse panel. I Finally got the brilliant idea to search the inventories of local salvage yards for any G8's. Only one had one (a V6) about 30 miles away that I had actually been to before for another car. Found the CB (and a few other parts I may try to sell on here) for $3. Took it home, plugged it in and, Voila!, power seats and everything else for that matter.
Many thanks to those who offered advice previously.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Will keep the information in mind for future reference and appreciate the follow-up.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yeah, the G8 in the salvage yard was pretty much worked over but fuses and relays and circuit breakers were all there.

·
Premium Member
7,445 Posts
Have been to plenty of salvage yards and have yet to see a single G8. Smh

41 - 48 of 48 Posts