Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New powerbond 25% pulley installed, and I'm a happy camper.

No ill side effects except:
at idle charging reads 12.7-13.1, raise it up by a couple hundred RPMs and back to 14.1.

I'm happy :) SOTP dyno reads a little as well. Seems more peppy.

No dimming of lights or accessories either.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Notice any power gains?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Good to hear, you should check out a Vmax cnc ported thottle body next.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Notice any power gains?
Yeah actually, throttle response has improved and feels more "peppy".
Like going from driving when it's a hot day out, to a nice, cool night. I guess you could say a "night and day" difference. :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the kit from sdparts dot com came with two new belts, ARP bolt, and pulley.

But there is no Crank Key on the pulley, have to RTV over the shaft to cover.

Worth it of you're looking for that little extra.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
does this affect the battery power? i guess not a good thing if u have a big stereo pumpin in the car if u get this installed
I just installed a completely new sound system and havent had any side effects.
As I stated above, the voltage charge at idle drops to 12.7-13.2 with A/C running, as soon as the rpms rise it's over 14 all day. No worries about charging unless you're going to idle most of your trip ;)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How was the install? Any issues?
Only issue was that there wasnt a crank key on the pulley to lock it in place. You have to use RTV over the crank to seal it up and tighten the bolt to 240 ftlb.

Simple.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
240 ft. lbs? that is a good grunt
it was an ARP bolt and those were the instructions. I confirmed from other sources as well.

Oh, take the fans out too. Makes it easier to get a gun on the bolt to loosen.

·
Registered
161 Posts
No problem. Feels just as good as when I put it on.

How are things chugging along w/this mod? Still no issues?

I am looking heavy at this...

How come you went w/Powerbond vs. SLP as I see they appear to be the same at first glance?

Was looking to do this and 160 F Thermostat...but I see some are saying the coolant does not get to actually do it's job there....

Thanks.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey man. well i got my PB and installed it. it was quite an ass pain, the old pully came off nice and easy. Then going on was horrible. The shop i did it did not have the correct installer.

Then the belts i got from New era where the wrong size. So i had my wife that was 30 mins away go to Autozone picking up the right belts. the new era ones, the 4 rib was way to short and the 6 rib was too long.... grrrr it was an hour from closing. so i had to but my fans back in. then the intake wire everything back in....it was such a fun time... 2 Steps. you still need this info?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How are things chugging along w/this mod? Still no issues?

I am looking heavy at this...

How come you went w/Powerbond vs. SLP as I see they appear to be the same at first glance?

Was looking to do this and 160 F Thermostat...but I see some are saying the coolant does not get to actually do it's job there....

Thanks.
I ordered the package from S D Parts dot com.

Came with everything.

No need to do a 160F t stat. It's been proven has no difference And our motor like to run hot.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I used the slp pulley. They recommend the ac belt 3/4 of an inch too Long. That flew off and ripped of my cam p. sesor harness. So I fixed that then I measured my own. I hate some vendors that can't sell the right s***.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.