Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Powerhaus Performance

I had an excellent experience at Powerhaus Performance in Gloucester City, Jersey yesterday. I drove up with my buddy to get our G8's dyno'd and tuned by Roshan. Its a fairly new shop, open about a month but its already full of nice cars and the owners are well known and have years of experience.

The car previously dynoed at 467whp/417wtq on a dynojet... baseline pull on the Mustang dyno showed 428whp so pretty much inline with the typical lower readings. Roshan worked his magic and gained 14hp peak to bring it up to 442whp but the real star was gaining 25-30 throughout the powerband! Felt really good on the way home!

442whp on the mustang dyno is pretty close to 480whp dynojet numbers. Not bad at all for a baby 220/230 cam with only .580 lift and shorty headers with cats.

M6 GXP
Ported/Milled heads
FAST LSXR
Orssom intake
Dual valve springs and trunion upgrade
220/230 .580 115 cam
1 7/8 Kooks mids with cats, Corsa exhaust
Katech LS9x clutch

I'd like to make some passes the way it sits then see what long tubes and a bigger cam will do!

photo (31).jpg

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, its a good start and fun to drive. Doesnt have the top end of the bigger cams I had before but soon will!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Didn't realize you got a GXP.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Congrats on the GXP. What happened to the GT? I must have missed it.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Welcome back to the game, MGM GT. Glad to have you back 'round these here parts!

Nice upgrade on the M6, but I gotta call you out on a Virus wannabe with the choice in colors... lol j/k. He would get a chuckle outta that I'm sure.

I'd be interested to hear what you have planned for this car... if the GT was just a starting point, I could only imagine what you might have on the drawing board. Will the M6 be up to the task, or is it slated for some heavy upgrades as well?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on the GXP. What happened to the GT? I must have missed it.
The GT was parted out amongst our club... everyone got a piece.

Welcome back to the game, MGM GT. Glad to have you back 'round these here parts!

Nice upgrade on the M6, but I gotta call you out on a Virus wannabe with the choice in colors... lol j/k. He would get a chuckle outta that I'm sure.

I'd be interested to hear what you have planned for this car... if the GT was just a starting point, I could only imagine what you might have on the drawing board. Will the M6 be up to the task, or is it slated for some heavy upgrades as well?
Thanks, lol. Not sure what direction I want to take it in yet, but its fun to drive as is. Short term is long tubes for sure. I think the M6 can handle some decent power and people have pushed this clutch to 700+hp.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are OZ, 18x8.5 and 18x9 with 265 Pilot Sports.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts