Pontiac G8 Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
The Viking’s are good shocks. Only reason I didn’t consider them is the non-stock mounting. The QA1’s are a direct replacement and are available as single and double adjustable. More suitable for street and my goal for the upgrade.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Interesting. My understanding is the a276 is a drop in for the rear - it isn't? What modification needs to be done?

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Here is the Viking kit. Does not use the upper mount.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
A276 is not a coil over. I spoke with Viking this morning, they said it's a direct replacement for 5th gen camaro/G8 rear shock. Better be, triple valve are on their way (A576HF).

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Stock is a coil over. It is just not adjustable.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Mis-understanding in your statement on non stock mounting. I know that stock is coil over design, had mine apart couple of times. The image you showed for viking, included new spring and mounts and your comment "Does not use the upper mount" - this is the clarity I'm looking for. My pedders XA reused stock upper mounts as do my bilsteins. I am questioning your statement "Only reason I didn’t consider them is the non-stock mounting". The viking will reuse the stock upper mount and bolt into the lower arm same as stock. The bottom spring perch on the shock is adjustable for height with stock springs. Unless Viking is lying to me - you know something different first hand?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts

Here is the Viking. It will reuse the top mount.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Correct.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Good to see there is another choice to upgrade our suspensions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I have a thread already about me trying to figure out a suspension set up but I want to try and keep that separate from this one. If mods think this is the same thing then let me know and ill remove it.

Who knew suspension setups would be so hard to decide on!! i have probably spend over 25 hrs looking up different struts and spring combinations to give the best ride, handling, ease of install, etc.. But what I am finding out now is that PPV's can be pretty rough depending on what other parts you have. What I want to know is how do these 2 perform against one another. Everything I have read is from a few years ago and some people took out the PPV's and put Koni's in but then there are people who took out Koni's to put in PPV's. I was set on PPV's until late last night when I started reading about Koni's and there adjustable damping.

So people who have PPV or Koni's please tell me about your experiences!

Thanks for your time and hopefully this thread might help other people out in the future or even now.
Just installed king spring and monroe gt sport struts and shocks great set up ! I love the ride this is my dd

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Did some checking. It seams the Viking and QA1 dual adjustable are about the same price. $279 each.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Nice how much? I have used Konis but these rears would be alot easier to deal with
I found the single adjust QA1 shock on sale at Speedway Motors. $50 off for $199 each

·
Registered
2009 SRM G8 Gt, DOD delete/ oem ls3 cam, rotofab intake, gxp rims,
3 Posts
I had PPV’s and Tein springs on my first G8. Ride was firm and sporty. I’m going Koni front and QA1 In the rear this time so I have the choice. Smooth for daily to work. Turn it up when I want to have fun.
Gt drew do you have a number I can reach you at or maybe fb messenger? I want to ask you some questions about this subject. I tried messaging you but this site isn’t letting me

21 - 38 of 38 Posts