Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I buy my baby back on Feb 9(RN graduation present to myself). I drove everything on the lot and found myself in love with every aspect of this 4dr beast. Coming from a dealer it had been checked over but not gone through. Popped the hood and saw the K&N CAI & I believe an SLP underdrive pulley. At this point I know of a few bolt ons and maybe mufflers. I pulled the trigger, made the purchase. Got home. Started researching the G8. Looked for anyone that may know where the car came from.........nothing. Forum fans are 99% of the time helpful and I hoped to find the ex-owner or even a friend of a friend, just to get some history......... Nothing. As of late, last Thursday or Friday, car developed 2-3 flare, 3-4 flare (1200rpm),& 4-5 flare(500-1k rpm). Power loss, tons of slippage. So I took it easy. Got in to see Bobby at CLS in Seabrook yesterday. Found adaptive pressure turned off, table after table of data zeroed out in TCM. Final analysis was that the car had to have had a convertor in it or a dumbass tuner. Possible scenario is previous owner was ready to get out of G8 pulled random parts back off car, never having the tune modified for the trade in or sale. So not knowing...........I bought a used, maybe abused, beautiful G8........I still don't have a history on it but I do know what's in the ECU/TCM now. Be careful when shopping for anything that can be hopped up. I still may not be out of the woods and clear of trouble on this transmission issue. A few more days will tell. Not a rant fellow G8ers just a precautionary statement. Have someone scantool your used car purchase or take it to a reliable source for a looking at before you drop your hard earned money on someone else's problem car.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Tooners, they come in different flavors, big names, rookies, etc, they read online somebody was using Gen V Camaro shift times because most of them are zero, and that adaptive learning is the devil along with trans TM. Whatever to make the trans shift lightning fazzzt... Too bad some people have no way of knowing until the trans is broken, hope everything work out for you.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts