Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the latter part of the recruitment and application process for a position at a mine near Empire. Will be looking to live somewhere on the west or south west side of Denver if I get the job. Wife and I have done a little bit of window shopping online and were looking in the Golden/Applewood/Lakewood area since it's easy access to the 70 headed into the mountains. What are these areas like? Any areas to stay away from or try to get into?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Like anything else...some towns got good and some got bad. Those areas are nice...I would add Littleton & Morrison to your list. I've lived in Parker (S-E) and Castle Rock (S)so I can't be much more help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The south and east are pretty safe bets, not a lot of dud neighborhoods. Everyone talks about how nice Highlands Ranch is, esp. for schools, but you'll pay more for that neighborhood. I go to church in Lakewood and the eastern half of that town can be patchy, FWIW.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks for the info. I have another (3rd) interview for this job next Thursday, will know more after that. I may be back with more questions once we start hunting for real :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts