Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just wondering if anyone uses a power progammer for our LY7s? Or does anyone know a tune for it
thanx Les

·
Decepticon
180 Posts
Hey all just wondering if anyone uses a power progammer for our LY7s? Or does anyone know a tune for it
thanx Les
yeah me and hazer are the only 2 at this point to have it. the company is mace engineering they are located in Australia

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Mace is the best way to go, but keep in mind they don't have a tune for the 5 speed, only 4 and 6 speeds.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought the HP Tuners package because after my six speed swap, the transmission would not upshift under WOT because the car it came out of had a higher setting on the rev limiter. So I fixed that and I haven't had much time to explore it but there are so many things you can play with. I don't know much and haven't had time to learn about engine tuning but my transmission is tuned pretty well and under WOT it'll make the tires bark on the 1-2 shift. Lol. But the point is I found tunes to be pricey compared to just buying everything to do it myself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the HP Tuners package because after my six speed swap, the transmission would not upshift under WOT because the car it came out of had a higher setting on the rev limiter. So I fixed that and I haven't had much time to explore it but there are so many things you can play with. I don't know much and haven't had time to learn about engine tuning but my transmission is tuned pretty well and under WOT it'll make the tires bark on the 1-2 shift. Lol. But the point is I found tunes to be pricey compared to just buying everything to do it myself.

Ok Thanx I would do it myself if I can. Just trying to figure out what will work and what wont. Dont want to throw lots of money at it and it not work well enough. If I can find something for the 5 speed would be great. Just had it rebuilt.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Who built it? Any mods?

Also, I don't think there is any tuning support for the 5L40-E.

·
OGOC Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who built it? Any mods?

Also, I don't think there is any tuning support for the 5L40-E.

It was rebuilt at dealer under warranty and no mods to it just waiting to see if a tune will be available for it before I mod the tranny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts