·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Proud New G8 Owner 1 of 927

Hello everyone my name is Tyler.
Indiana, United States
Vehicles: 2010 IOM Camaro, 2008 IOM G8 GT, 87 trans am

Ive been sitting back enjoying what this forum has to offer so i finally pulled the trigger and signed up. I gave my car a second chance after the first owner wrecked the car. The second owner tried to put her back together and drove it for a little while and then he decided to sell it.

I took over in April of 2011 and decided to give her the respect that she needs as well as put her thru its paces. Slowly repairing her like seals being gone, steering wheel trim replaced, new 6 disc changer, still needing to fix A/C, and now im probably at the most challenging thing im going to do i feel.

As from the title i have the Ignition Orange Metallic which i love the car in this color, was well as it goes with my Inferno Orange Metallic Camaro. The car is just a dream to drive, never had a car feel so balanced, even better then the camaro in my opinion bc the G8 is easier to see out of.

Car details to date:
Best MPG fuel test 29.03 (Mastered the Art of AFM)
Stock 1/4 mile: 14.6
Superchips 87 tune: 14.1
Corsa Exhaust + tune: 13.6
Max Lateral G'S .98
Stock Top Speed w/o governor: 163 MPH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s65dtZUjAH4

Current Mods: Stock tune, corsa exhaust: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNuKv3uIU4w, bmr subframe connectors, stock rsa tires.

Currently im saving up for a crazy project which Livernois Motorsports will be building. Projected #'s 600+ hp and 500+ tq. Im slowly working towards getting the car ready for this project like dba brakes upgrade, transmission fluid change since im at roughly 54,000 miles, rear end fluid change after this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI1t64e49tg and as i mentioned before the challenging part which i will see you over at the Intake/ Fuel Tech forum for my problem, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Welcome to Club 927! lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to Club 927! lol
I like the Pontiac Pack that you have going on there. I had a 2008 dark slate metalllic grand prix, unfortunately totaled it. I want to get another one and try to find an orange one to go with the collection.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
There was a Fusion Orange with black interior I was going to pull the triiger on before I bought the white one.

Snapped this not too long ago.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There was a Fusion Orange with black interior I was going to pull the triiger on before I bought the white one.

Snapped this not too long ago.

thats exactly what i want, they made that color for 04 and 05 i believe right? Not sure if they limited what model that had orange or if it was just up to the owners that order them, but i would at least like to have it in a GT.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yeah I'm not sure. I'd go GTP or top-swap the GT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts