Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sked for 27 Oct/saturday....
Running outta chances to hit the track this year folks, and this place is 2000 feet lower elevation than Denver!!!!!

See thread in colorado racing DOT net....or pm me for the link....

David

·
Registered
531 Posts
We are planning on going....They are needing 25 paid participants by this Friday...(10/19/12) to make sure it is a go. PM myself or Wyome for more info, or see the forum that Wyome mentioned above......Should be fun!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BUMPITY!!!!!!!!!!

J: no concessions...how we wanna do food?? You got a grill?? I got a cooler and can fill with meat/brats/drinks...let me know

D

·
Registered
531 Posts
Good Question David -- Trying to get a head count prior to making a plan. As of yesterday, there were 12 people that had paid (I have not as of yet.....) Will keep you posted.... Do you know of anybody else that is going?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know of any other G8 folks going...I spoke to nstar8 about it, but I don't think he is in. Would be cool if Kris N. showed up too.
CHPJunkies forum had a post said that there would be food avail in the concessions.

·
Registered
531 Posts
They have over 30 cars, so it is a go.

·
Registered
531 Posts
.....But the weather is not looking good. They are trying to get an official OK to move it to Sunday, 10/29 if needed......

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yay crappy colorado weather...

hey J...mebbe we need to road trip to AZ or NM for a track

·
Registered
194 Posts
Totally missed this. I didn't get the e-mail alert :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sunday would be better for me. Can we get more details for Saturday? Or reschedule info for Sunday?

·
Registered
531 Posts
It has been re-scheduled to Sunday, the 28th....

D -- You still up for brining Brats & Dogs with buns. We will bring burgers, buns & sides? Let me - here or on our FB page..

·
Registered
531 Posts
Also -- I am sure there is still room.....Check the other forum or PM me or Wyome for info on who to get in contact with to get signed up.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a great time out there today. Great seeing old friends, meeting new ones, and going my fastest yet.
13.96 @ 102.70 with a DA of 3921', with the track at actual elevation of 4662'.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It was a great time. We, too, had a personal best. Tigger went 11.80.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I too had an awesome time. Great meeting wyome,jlasti and friends(again). It was my first time down the 1/4 mile track. Best I ran was 14.578 @ 97.4MPH but best of all I got 10 runs in total and even got $5 back of my entry fee!

On a sad note, I probably have to sell the GT as the car collection around our house is getting a little crowded. I'll post an ad in the "cars for sale" area here. Like I said I don't have to sell it but we have 7 cars and a 3 car garage just don't cut it!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I too had an awesome time. Great meeting wyome,jlasti and friends(again). It was my first time down the 1/4 mile track. Best I ran was 14.578 @ 97.4MPH but best of all I got 10 runs in total and even got $5 back of my entry fee!

On a sad note, I probably have to sell the GT as the car collection around our house is getting a little crowded. I'll post an ad in the "cars for sale" area here. Like I said I don't have to sell it but we have 7 cars and a 3 car garage just don't cut it!
Just build a bigger garage! JK:). That's a bummer that you may sell the G8...I understand the more cars than room. Good luck. Hopefully you keep it & join us up at Bandimere next year. We'd be happy to have you run with us - G8, truck, chevelle.....Whatever!

It was a great time at Pueblo. Glad you were able to make it and that you had a good time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts