Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff and I had talked about this but neither of us had posted.

We were talking about having a weekly, informal get together at The Rock in Lynnwood for all the North Enders. The Lynnwood Rock is doing happy hour all day on Monday's, good beer, great eats, easy location to get to.

Nothing formal, each week just do a Monday role call on who will be there so someone isn't sitting there by themselves like an ass going where is everyone.

If ever Monday is often, could do like every other week or every 1st and 3rd week or every 2nd and 4th week or whatever. Speak up north enders!!!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Wonder how this worked out?

Gee Mike, didn't we do a MONTHLY gathering, essentially for Northenders, last night at the Totem Lake Mall in Bellevue? And the only people to show up were Southenders (again)! Guess we're back to being snubbed by the Northenders! Mike, you did remember to shower before showing up the last time we had Northenders at a gathering (other than those in their backyards)? :laugh::laugh::gr_jest::gr_jest:

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
Gee Mike, didn't we do a MONTHLY gathering, essentially for Northenders, last night at the Totem Lake Mall in Bellevue? And the only people to show up were Southenders (again)! Guess we're back to being snubbed by the Northenders! Mike, you did remember to shower before showing up the last time we had Northenders at a gathering (other than those in their backyards)? :laugh::laugh::gr_jest::gr_jest:
Bellevue?? I didn't hear about it!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Big Time BS

Jeff and I had talked about this but neither of us had posted.

We were talking about having a weekly, informal get together at The Rock in Lynnwood for all the North Enders. The Lynnwood Rock is doing happy hour all day on Monday's, good beer, great eats, easy location to get to.

Nothing formal, each week just do a Monday role call on who will be there so someone isn't sitting there by themselves like an ass going where is everyone.

If ever Monday is often, could do like every other week or every 1st and 3rd week or every 2nd and 4th week or whatever. Speak up north enders!!!
I bought my G8 GT back in June 2009 and one of the first thing I did was get on these forums to see if there was a local G8 club gathering to share idea's and to show off our cars to the public. There's been one gathering that was good and that was back in June 09. Then I drive to Bellevue this past Wednesday 01/13/10 and to my suprise there was only Three of us Mike,John and myself. So what I'm gathering here is you guys are to good to sign up on the web site and show up when try to have a meeting in your back yard. I have heard all the excuse's, I have a wife, Kids, Work, Weather, my head hurts or what ever. This is a sorry excuse for a club. I have seen you twice at the meeting so far and what the hell is 1/2 a washer Exhaust MOD.

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
Maybe you should join up over here: www.pnwg8.com ! The more the merrier!:wink2::pir_flag:
Why?
I am still trying to figure out why anyone needed a seperate forum. I am with Ben, it's not like we have some thriving club with 200 people slamming this board with posts.
I already am a member of 2 G8 Forums plus about 5 others that I follow actively.
I am really not trying to be negative, but I just can't understand why a seperate forum is necessary.
This is the perfect example, anyone who isn't over there gets excluded. Seems to me if you wanted people to show you would post it for everyone. Not make people sign up on another forum.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I bought my G8 GT back in June 2009 and one of the first thing I did was get on these forums to see if there was a local G8 club gathering to share idea's and to show off our cars to the public. There's been one gathering that was good and that was back in June 09. Then I drive to Bellevue this past Wednesday 01/13/10 and to my suprise there was only Three of us Mike,John and myself. So what I'm gathering here is you guys are to good to sign up on the web site and show up when try to have a meeting in your back yard. I have heard all the excuse's, I have a wife, Kids, Work, Weather, my head hurts or what ever. This is a sorry excuse for a club. I have seen you twice at the meeting so far and what the hell is 1/2 a washer Exhaust MOD.
Ummm, Ben, I do believe you are in concurrence with the point of my post. You want local involvement, not a national forum with a regional section.

Why?
I am still trying to figure out why anyone needed a seperate forum. I am with Ben, it's not like we have some thriving club with 200 people slamming this board with posts.
I already am a member of 2 G8 Forums plus about 5 others that I follow actively.
I am really not trying to be negative, but I just can't understand why a seperate forum is necessary.
This is the perfect example, anyone who isn't over there gets excluded. Seems to me if you wanted people to show you would post it for everyone. Not make people sign up on another forum.
Just my 2 cents.
Tony, would it kill you to support/contribute to a local forum, in addition to the national ones? By the way, if you really were in agreement with Ben's views, (which you might want to reread a little more carefully by the way) we would have seen you Wednesday! What have the other two ever done for you that makes you so devoted to them? As a source of information, they are great, (of course you have to consider the national appeal, and the fact they have been around for years, and have national sponsorship/advertisers) as a place to connect with local people on a face to face, one on one, not so much. And by the way, nobody is excluded! All the info on our forum is available to the lurker/visitor, no registration required! Oh, and by the way, we have posted PNW G8 Club GTGs and meets on this forum and the other one, and turnout was not any better! The Club forum as been posted here numerous times, and so far nearly 30 people have registered, all from the PNW, and we have had over 35 THOUSAND page views, in just over two months. So it seems we have something someone wants to read/see/contribute to at our little local site. But, if your idea of involvement in a forum with your local G8ers is here, ENJOY!

Bellevue is north end? Pulease.
The location was chosen as a mid-point for the Puget Sound area. I personally wouldn't expect anyone to drive any further than the 35 miles one way that I did............Oh, but wait, nobody from the northend did, imagine that!!

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
It's not about support. It's about logistics. The information is now fragmented even further than it already was with two forums. Now, to get information that could have been here, we have to go someplace else.
Yes, I feel excluded the information was placed here on on Grrrr8.

Lastly, I don't think it is about access to information. I just don't think that many people are that really interested in the PNW G8 club.

That's my personal opinion. And we all know that opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one.

·
GXP
123 Posts
The location was chosen as a mid-point for the Puget Sound area. I personally wouldn't expect anyone to drive any further than the 35 miles one way that I did............Oh, but wait, nobody from the northend did, imagine that!!
My bad for not adding any notation of sarcasm. I freakin' live closer to Canada then Bellevue. :)

--

IMO it's a bit tougher to have a solid, consistent showing of vehicles like other types of vehicles (Camaro, Challenger, Mustang) for obvious reasons. As much as I like my GXP for being a good solid family wagon, it is afterall a four door barn that blends in a bit better then a 'sporty' type car listed above and I not sticking out as much as I did with the Cobra.

That said, the people who buy these vehicles are less likely to be as enthusiastic about them (we ... the forum-signer-uper-people being the exception) except for serving their intended purpose.
The odds are stacked against a G8 'club' having a decent turnout to either official events, or even really representing the car-type well at the "multi forum" type events like XXX meets.
Fact of observation is that the age demographic of people who are driving these cars seem to be a bit older and have different intentions then of those in a car with a more youth following. Also with the generally lower production levels it's harder to obtain and given an already small percentage of owners of any vehicle who readily participate in events with that vehicle, the odds are stacked against a grand showing.

Personally, I'm not much of a "club" guy and generally steering away from anything that is 'organized', as that's just not my thing. It's not for everyone, but I at least like to stay informed what's happening locally even though my motivation to get involved has just about ran out.

I used to be extremely hands on with Mustang events, and ALWAYS out the door in the car but it's somewhat similar to the bar scene ... get's a little old and when you add in the clique-esque politics (happens to all groups) that drove me away (quite literally) from investing too much of my time and energy from "caring" too much anymore about making time for automotive stuff.

I DO NOT ATTEND CAR SHOWS, largely because of the blatent judgemental politics and utter BS just like religion which is another can of worms. =P

I appreciate folks being so dedicated to the "cause" and bringing about some bit of organization to events for those who can spare the time and looking for something to do have a place to go but you can't be insulted if not everyone is as dedicated ... we have other priorities.

You're doing a great job John and Mike. Keep it up, but this type of vehicle is a bit unique and don't be discouraged by a lack of participation, makes it tough when you care too much. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Why?
Just my 2 cents.
What does club mean (verb) club unite with a common purpose,gather and spend time together.
to form a club; to combine for the promotion of some common object; to unite.
an association of persons for the promotion of some common object, as literature, science, politics, good fellowship, etc.; esp. an association supported by equal assessments or contributions of the members.

This is what I thought when I looked up a local G8 club!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
My bad for not adding any notation of sarcasm. I freakin' live closer to Canada then Bellevue. :)

--

IMO it's a bit tougher to have a solid, consistent showing of vehicles like other types of vehicles (Camaro, Challenger, Mustang) for obvious reasons. As much as I like my GXP for being a good solid family wagon, it is afterall a four door barn that blends in a bit better then a 'sporty' type car listed above and I not sticking out as much as I did with the Cobra.

That said, the people who buy these vehicles are less likely to be as enthusiastic about them (we ... the forum-signer-uper-people being the exception) except for serving their intended purpose.
The odds are stacked against a G8 'club' having a decent turnout to either official events, or even really representing the car-type well at the "multi forum" type events like XXX meets.
Fact of observation is that the age demographic of people who are driving these cars seem to be a bit older and have different intentions then of those in a car with a more youth following. Also with the generally lower production levels it's harder to obtain and given an already small percentage of owners of any vehicle who readily participate in events with that vehicle, the odds are stacked against a grand showing.

Personally, I'm not much of a "club" guy and generally steering away from anything that is 'organized', as that's just not my thing. It's not for everyone, but I at least like to stay informed what's happening locally even though my motivation to get involved has just about ran out.

I used to be extremely hands on with Mustang events, and ALWAYS out the door in the car but it's somewhat similar to the bar scene ... get's a little old and when you add in the clique-esque politics (happens to all groups) that drove me away (quite literally) from investing too much of my time and energy from "caring" too much anymore.

I appreciate folks being so dedicated to the "cause" and bringing about some bit of organization to events for those who can spare the time and looking for something to do have a place to go.

You're doing a great job John and Mike. Keep it up, but this type of vehicle is a bit unique and don't be discouraged by a lack of participation, makes it tough. :)
Look I understand the age thing and it being a four door, but when I looked up a local club I didn't care about age. Hey I'll be 50 and my love of speed and nice looking cars is the same now then when I was 15 maybe better now. I remember our talk the first we met and talking about fast cars an so on meeting your family that was really nice time. I have three kids at home money is tight, but I find a way to make these meetings.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's not about support. It's about logistics. The information is now fragmented even further than it already was with two forums. Now, to get information that could have been here, we have to go someplace else.

Lastly, I don't think it is about access to information. I just don't think that many people are that really interested in the PNW G8 club.

That's my personal opinion. And we all know that opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one.
Then in three words, Stay Away Then!!!!!!!!!!

·
GXP
123 Posts
Look I understand the age thing and it being a four door, but when I looked up a local club I didn't care about age. Hey I'll be 50 and my love of speed and nice looking cars is the same now then when I was 15 maybe better now. I remember our talk the first we met and talking about fast cars an so on meeting your family that was really nice time. I have three kids at home money is tight, but I find a way to make these meetings.
Older folks won't be likely want to attend car meets.

Younger folks who are apt to attend, don't own the car.

Thus the conundrum. :D

G8 events are just a bit different then run of the mill car enthusiasts, matter of observation. Again, that puts a strain on good attendance numbers and offers up a bit of explanation why participation is poor.

·
Registered
517 Posts
you people are f*ing nuts...it's like a G8 cult or something. Let it go.

I have a full time job and 4 kids. Attending a G8 club event is waaaaaaay down the list. I'd be much happier to meet someone I actually liked for a pizza and beer vs a bunch of weirdo G8 owners that want blood if you don't show up. Settle the hell down and take your medication.

·
No Member
231 Posts
^^+1 It's like the King of the Hill episode where Peggy is hooked into being a salesperson for kitchen appliances. Makes me want to run the opposite direction!

(How come the word butthole is so much grosser than *******?)

·
What Would Jesus Drive?
1,563 Posts
Then in three words, Stay Away Then!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is the way to build a club!! Enrollments should start rolling in now. Telling people to saty away is always a great way to get something started. Especially considering the largest G8 get together last year in the PNW, was the one orignially suggested and promoted by me.

The point of my original post is that I WOULD HAVE COME on Wednesday had I known something was going on!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts

That's what I like about you Tony, always the Christian approach to everything! Don't base your opinions on fact, just personal bias! Must work wonders for you in the business world!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Now that is the way to build a club!! Enrollments should start rolling in now. Telling people to saty away is always a great way to get something started. Especially considering the largest G8 get together last year in the PNW, was the one orignially suggested and promoted by me.

The point of my original post is that I WOULD HAVE COME on Wednesday had I known something was going on!
Really! And which one was that Tony? I must have missed it!

And my reply was, that it had been announced. It was a PNW G8 Club monthly meeting, that was announced on the PNW G8 Club web site.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts