Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the original Superchips powertrain warranty is void when a Cortex tuner is purchased second-hand, does anyone know if it's possible to purchase second-hand warranty coverage from Superchips? I would assume it would basically be the difference in price between the Flashpaq and Cortex, but I'm not sure if they even offer it. My guess is that I wouldn't be the only one considering it if it were an option.

·
Former G8 GT owner
1,209 Posts
Give our customer service a call at 888-27-2447 to inquire about purchasing a warranty fr your used Cortex.

Scott
I called- and referenced this post, and he said. They currently do not offer a warranty for used units.

So much for that idea.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I called- and referenced this post, and he said. They currently do not offer a warranty for used units.

So much for that idea.

Yea, I had the same runaround. I found out about the lack of 'second hand warrantee' after I had already purchased a used one for nearly $250. Upon inquiring, the deal they offered me was for $325 + me sending them in the used one as a core, then they would sell me a brand new one with the two year warrantee. 250+325 = 575 for a SC?

NO THANKS! :bs:

·
Former G8 GT owner
1,209 Posts
Yea, I had the same runaround. I found out about the lack of 'second hand warrantee' after I had already purchased a used one for nearly $250. Upon inquiring, the deal they offered me was for $325 + me sending them in the used one as a core, then they would sell me a brand new one with the two year warrantee. 250+325 = 575 for a SC?

NO THANKS! :bs:
RipOff attempt.
They sell for around 340 or so on EBAY. so he is giving basically 15 bucks for your used one. lmao...

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
RipOff attempt.
They sell for around 340 or so on EBAY. so he is giving basically 15 bucks for your used one. lmao...
Yea, PLUS the total cost that it would cost me to have a Superchips with warrantee was $575; I'd be paying a difference of $235 over what I initially paid!

I see this as their lame attempt to try and snuff out the 'used cortex' market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts