Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellow V6 Owners. I am currently reaching out to Performance Manifolds in Australia to Purchase a CPR6 Intake Manifold. My current mods include a Rotofab CAI, UD Pulley, 12mm Intake Spacers and a Tune by Overkill. I plan to swap in a 3.27 Diff at some point. I'm also researching a 6l50 Transmission Upgrade. Just gotta figure out the electronics 馃槃

*Also have the larger throttlebody from Overkill*

Registered
just wondering if you have installed it yet and how does it fit on top of the 12mm spacers im just trying to save up for the manifold.. but have all the same mods as you lol just curisous on how tight the underhood fitment will be

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
So I received the following email from MACE a few days ago.

"We are writing this to inform you that there could be a slight delay in your order as the part you have ordered MNF602 is not in stock at the moment. We are in contact with our supplier regarding the ETA and will get back to you ASAP."

I've had my eye on this Manifold for quite some time and decided to pull the trigger after noticing multiple vendors were suddenly out of stock. MACE did not show out of stock so I decided to go for it. I'll update if/when I receive Shipping Confirmation.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Should be hearing from MACE sometime this week. In the meantime I installed a Morimoto HID Kit and also just purchased a 3.27 Differential from a Manual V6 Camaro. The Diff should make up for any loss of low end torque caused by the CPR6 Manifold. I'm hoping the Manifold will lessen the MPG impact of the shorter gear. I plan to install the CPR6 Manifold before the Diff swap.

OGOC Member
Sounds good bro. Let us know.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
MACE said they're still waiting on a shipment from their supplier. In the meantime I'm waiting for a second 3.27 Diff to arrive as the seller lied about the first one being from a v6 Manual Camaro when it was actually from an Auto 馃槫. Always check the VIN#!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I plan on installing the Manifold tonight after work. I ordered a second 3.27 Diff and received a part from a totally different vehicle. The seller is now sending a Diff from a 2010 Camaro when it was advertised as being from a 2014. Gahh I hate eBay sometimes!

Premium Member
Are you going to change the spark plugs while the intake manifold is removed? Are you going to reuse the upper intake manifold gasket?

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I replaced the plugs less than a year ago. I will be reusing the UIM Gasket. I bought an additional Gasket for the top of my Intake Spacers so I don't have to use RTV again. We'll see if the CPR6 fits with my 12MM Spacers.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hit a roadblock installing the Manifold. There's a couple Brass looking tubes that I *THOUGHT* could be transferred to the new part. Well...... I destroyed one of them like an ape & gave up on the other. That sucker would not turn at all. Also need to get all longer bolts as well. The Manifold JUST fits under the cowel with the 12MM Spacers after removing some sagging sound insulation & cutting off some plastic sticking down.

Attachments

Registered
So the install will be put on hold for a while. There are 4 missing Brass Tubes. I'm reaching out to MACE to see if they can send out the missing hardware. Also the original bolts for the Throttlebody are too long.

those brass vacuum fittings can probably be functionally re-created by going to home depot or lowes and getting some brass barbed pipe fittings, a drill, appropriate npt tap, and some pipe dope.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
That was my immediate thought. But I figured I'd wait and see what the Seller says before I start Drilling into such an expensive part. You'd think for the cost they would send all the required hardware. Still waiting on a response from MACE.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Installed some fittings I bought from the Hardware Store. They were a very tight fit & even tighter with a bit of thread tape applied, so tight in fact that I sheared the fitting near the Throttlebody. I was able to epoxy it back on. I'll swap in a new fitting if the epoxy starts to crack. Bad news is now I've gotta wait a whole nother day before I can attempt to install it. I never heard back from MACE. I'm pretty disappointed with them at this point.

Attachments

Registered
Looks like those will work well! That sucks they didn't get back with you but hopefully you've got a good solution and it'll give you the power improvement you want

1 - 20 of 28 Posts