Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to order my new summer tires either today or t'morrow, and sweating the "how wide can I go" thing.

The rears are 20X10 with 45 offset, and another board member is running a 275wide tire and says there's no rubbing. The Vredestein Vorti that I'm ordering doesn't come in a 285/30/20, only a 275 and a 295. According to a tire calculator online, a 295 would be 1.1" farther out than stock (28mm) and the 275 would be .7" (18mm). Inside would be .9" (22mm) and .5" (12mm) respectively.

I'm rolled a little bit, but not totally flat or anything... Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Unless you're rolled flat you'll run the risk of rubbing with a 285 or larger.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
just do the 275's... you will be happy and will be able to see how much room you have for next time..... (this must be about your 5th thread on tires :) )..... just buy em!!!!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
but then again, i would get em rolled and do the 285's or try the 295's... would be better :)..... if you want to get em rolled, I need mine rolled also... so if we find someone maybe they will give us a multi car discount!!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.