Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the solo axlebacks on right now... I am tired of parents and do-gooders in my neighborhood shaking their fist and yelling at me even when I'm doing the speed limit.. because, you know, loud engines are scary.

Anyway, so I'm putting the stock mufflers back on. Can't remember if there was some kind of gasket that goes in there where it attaches to the exhaust pipes, or if it's just direct metal to metal. Can anyone remind me?

·
Registered
593 Posts
??? I have heard the Solo's many times. I never considered them to be loud at all, and I'm one of those parental do-gooders :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'm really not that far. I'm in Hattiesburg, but I just had back surgery and can't make that drive right now.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm just curious to how they would sound with my mid-length headers. I listened to a video clip of a member's exhaust on here that had Solos with LT headers and it sounded perfect. I always hear people saying Solos are too loud with headers. But I'm starting to think they're too loud for some people, but not too loud for me. What are you asking for them?

·
Registered
781 Posts
In answer to your original question, yes there are gaskets.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
please PM me your asking price and shipping to 94513. IF have any pics or details on the condition that would be great. As for the gaskets you can find them at gtog8ta.com I think they were about 10-12 bucks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have the solo axlebacks on right now... I am tired of parents and do-gooders in my neighborhood shaking their fist and yelling at me even when I'm doing the speed limit.. because, you know, loud engines are scary.

Anyway, so I'm putting the stock mufflers back on. Can't remember if there was some kind of gasket that goes in there where it attaches to the exhaust pipes, or if it's just direct metal to metal. Can anyone remind me?
As long as you're not breaking the law, who cares what they say. It's your car!

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
I'm just curious to how they would sound with my mid-length headers. I listened to a video clip of a member's exhaust on here that had Solos with LT headers and it sounded perfect. I always hear people saying Solos are too loud with headers. But I'm starting to think they're too loud for some people, but not too loud for me. What are you asking for them?
They sound amazing / perfect / nasty / life-changing with mids!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
This is one of the reasons I enjoy living a bit further from the city. My neighbors are more inclined to tell me to rev it up rather than keep it quiet, lol
+1 I'm on the Butler/Armstrong county line. I also get litem' up!

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
I run this setup (stock exhaust into Solo axlebacks). I love it because it actually sounds like it should have from the factory and has a great tone when you want to step into the pedal. Plus, I can still show up at a business meeting and not look like a tool for 'loud car'.

I mean, unless you're running 50% throttle on your own street, it's really quite polite sounding. Oh, and I live on a street whose residents are mostly retired people with nothing better to do with their time than complain about, well... everything. :eek:ldfogey:
I've never heard one peep from them about my car being too loud.

Don't do it, man! :nono:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts