Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an inexpensive exhaust. I read the reviews and liked the sound and lack of drone (as much as possible) so I decided on Pypes.

First the bad: It does not fit. Don't tell me that I was installing it wrong. Myself and several guys that work on cars for a living laughed as I held the exhaust up to the flange. If I tried to mount it, it would be crooked with one side even up against the plastic trim around the rear.

The good: After cutting, bending, welding...We did the install. When all is said and done. I was left with a 100% stainless, great sounding, great looking exhaust that cost less than the completion. All good FOR ME.

In the end, I got what I wanted but buyer be ware! If you plan on simply opening the box for the Pypes SGG60vs system and "screwing it on". It won't be that simple unless u don't care if the exhaust melts the back bumper

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine fit well. The drivers side is a little bit low (I will fix it eventually) but the passenger side fits perfect.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine fit well. The drivers side is a little bit low (I will fix it eventually) but the passenger side fits perfect.

FYI you just said that yours don't fit either. We paid for a bolt on system and it's okay but NOT bolt.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i guess i should revise that and say it fit pretty well other then what I said. I did not have to do any cutting. I will most likely be able to fix my issue by just bending the mounting bracket. It is only about 1/2 inch off.

I have read others that have had issues such as yours though.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
I'm on my third set of Pypes, and will agree that the tips are not aligned very well on some of them. Seems some are good, some are just a bit off.

Pypes will replace if they are not lining up properly (prior to cutting/welding anything).

My latest set is just about perfect IMO, and you can't beat the sound IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.