Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on gtog8ta.com and saw that they had a set of long tube stainless headers for $329 made by Pypes. Has anyone tried these? Results?

·
Registered
346 Posts
from the looks they dont have one for say just for the g8 just looks like the camaro ones might fit with the primaries all swooping back personal i would stick with obx or pacesetters if money is tight

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Pypes does have long tubes for the G8 now. 1 3/4 primarys and 2.5 inch collectors. Made of 304 stainless for $459. Look nice. But no info on if they bolt up to factory catback or not. I'll email them and ask. Not a bad deal for stainless LTs if they bolt right up to stock catback!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Damn that is tempting... Killer price also for stainless LTs! Wonder if they compare to the Doug Thorley since they are a Tri Y design?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm not worried about cats at this time. Im just wondering how they compare to DTs or even Pacesetters? For the price they seem great! But I don't want to be a test guy for them. I was gonna get the OBX or Pacesetter setup. But im money deprived right now and want stainless so these might be another option for me. Wish I could find some reviews besides the new guy saying they fit great. Don't take that the wrong way eric_cspan.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Been looking at them too. Would like to see what is added to connect the the exhaust.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
I have heard nothing but problems in relations to Pypes fitment, especially from the Mustang guys, hopefully it's better for the GM side.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm not worried about cats at this time. Im just wondering how they compare to DTs or even Pacesetters? For the price they seem great! But I don't want to be a test guy for them. I was gonna get the OBX or Pacesetter setup. But im money deprived right now and want stainless so these might be another option for me. Wish I could find some reviews besides the new guy saying they fit great. Don't take that the wrong way eric_cspan.

Totally understand. Gotta earn the respect! I know they just released them so not sure how many have sold.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I hope someone tries these out as the price is great! I just picked up some Pacesetters to put on after they get back from Jethot coating. Can't beat them for the price and performance.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Any other info on these?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Same here!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Everything I'm reading says they hook up to the factory exhaust...idk...for the same price I can get pacesetters and connection pipes...they don't really look like the Dougs, like the obx look like the hookers. I think I'm going to pull the trigger I think...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Talked to my tuner, and he looked at the pictures and said that there shouldn't be a big difference between then and pacesetters. He had dyno'd a few G8's and he hasn't noticed much gain from Pacesetters to ARH,Kooks, and Doug Thorleys...all dynos were within 10hp of each other...so idk...I ordered them tonight will keep you posted!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Keep us posted. I have dealt with pypes in the past but only with their axleback setups for the newer mustangs. Not sure about the rest of the lineup but they worked great and bolted in like stock. Hopefully the headers are of the same quality. Be sure to post pics!

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Subscribed. What made you stay away from obx? They seem affordable.

1 - 20 of 665 Posts